Saturday, October 4, 2014

A Million Suns & Shades of Earth by Beth Revis

Picture
A Million Suns and Shades of Earth are the last two books in the Across the Universe Trilogy written by Beth Revis. I read these books because Sasha from abooktupia (on YouTube) really enjoyed this series, I didn't particularly love this series, but I didn't hate it. The story line, for me, was a little too predictable and, well, to be honest I found myself wanting the books to be done already. Overall I would give the entire series a 6/10 stars, individually I gave Across the Universe and A Million Suns a 6.6/10 stars and Shades of Earth 6/10 stars. By the time I got to Shades of Earth I was just pretty much done with the series, especially since I wasn't attached to any of the characters or the story line. So this book series isn't a high recommendation of mine, but if you really like sci fi novels I think you'd enjoy this book. The other reason I bought Across The Universe was that the cover is beautiful, like I probably wouldn't have bought it if not for the cover. The cover change on the other hand is hideous, just compare Shades of Earth to the first two books. Aside from the cover change being really ugly, it also won't match the first two books on my shelf. -_- So if you want to hear my thoughts on Across The Universe scroll down a few reviews to check it out ;). I actually didn't have enough notes on A Million Suns for a full review but I have a few things about Shades of Earth that I'd like to talk about with you guys :).

SPOILERS TO SHADES OF EARTH


One of my thoughts from A Million Suns was are they actually in space? Is that what Orion found out? That they weren't actually going to a different planet but this was some experiment or something?
My idea in this was, are they actually going to a different planet? I thought maybe somehow they'd time traveled to the past or future of earth or something, uh, sadly no but the rest of my ideas were pretty spot on. Like from the beginning I Though Chris seemed sketchy, I don't know exactly why but I most definitely didn't trust the guy.
Another thing I thought was that the first colony was probably not dead and that whatever was attacking them was the first colony, half right.. kinda. The ending was a little confusing for me or maybe it was just I was bored and not paying full attention, I don't know.
I didn't believe Elder was dead, so that 'surprise' at the ending wasn't too shocking for me, but yeah.. Sorry that's all I really have to say... Hopefully my next review will be longer, yeah?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment