Friday, October 31, 2014

Book Book Book Haul :D

Book Book Book Haul :D
It’s time again… for me to show you my new books :D Some of them I’ve already read and reviewed, and some I have yet to read ;) Let’s get started.
Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout
So I kinda bought this book twice, hehe, on my kindle the day it came out and the real version. This is the second book in the Dark Elements Trilogy so if you want to find out more about this amazing series read my White Hot Kiss review, I wrote it in August. 
In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken
yeah, I just posted a review on this one. And I uh, bought this one twice too. Alex, I’ve bought all of your TDM books twice, that’s how much I love your books. In the Afterlight is the last book in the Darkest Minds Trilogy, click the Darkest Minds Category. so I got up at 4 in the morning to read this book after a late night studying, let’s just keep it at I didn’t get a lot of sleep for this book and I didn’t play to well in Field Hockey that day. 
 Better Than Perfect by Simone Elkenes (formerly titled Wild Cards)
I’ve already read this book and the review should be coming out tomorrow. I LOVED THIS BOOK. You have to read it, but more on that tomorrow. Here’s the summery:
After getting kicked out of boarding school, bad boy Derek Fitzpatrick has no choice but to live with his ditzy stepmother while his military dad is deployed. Things quickly go from bad to worse when he finds out she plans to move them back to her childhood home in Illinois. Derek’s counting the days before he can be on his own, and the last thing he needs is to get involved with someone else’s family drama.

Ashtyn Parker knows one thing for certain—people you care about leave without a backward glance. A football scholarship would finally give her the chance to leave. So she pours everything into winning a state championship, until her boyfriend and star quarterback betrays them all by joining their rival team. Ashtyn needs a new game plan, but it requires trusting Derek—someone she barely knows, someone born to break the rules. Is she willing to put her heart on the line to try and win it all?
Split Second by Kasie West
This is the last book I’ve already read (just finished it like a few hours ago), though, I’m about to start the next one I’m going to talk to you about. So Split Second is the second book in Kasie West’s Pivot Point dualogy. It was really good. I love Kasie West. If you want to hear what I thought about Pivot Point, I read it in October (2014). 
My Life with the Walter Boys by Ali Novak
I bought a lot of contemporaries this time around.
Sixteen-year old Jackie Howard knows nothing about her new guardian Katherine Walter when she moves from New York to Colorado. After discovering that Katherine has twelve boys, Jackie fears that living in the Walter house isn’t going to be easy. It’s just icing on the cake that the boys look like Abercrombie models…
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Yeah, she’s the one who wrote Rebel Belle. I’ve heard good reviews for this book, so I’m excited to read it!
Three years ago, Sophie Mercer discovered that she was a witch. It’s gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie’s estranged father—an elusive European warlock—only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it’s her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward Prodigium, a.k.a. witches, faeries, and shapeshifters. By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard: three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock, a creepy tag-along ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the most hated person and only vampire student on campus. Worse, Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her only friend is the number-one suspect.

As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all Prodigium, especially her.


No, just because it has magic doesn’t mean it’s Harry Potter, calm down. 
The Princesses of Iowa by M. Molly Backes
IDK I just kept getting drawn back to this book at the bookstore so I bought it. I guess I’ll see whether or not I like it, I think it has a romance in it ? But I’m looking forward to the characterization in this book, I hear it’s good.
What does it mean to do wrong, when no one punishes you? A smart and unflinching look at friendship, the nature of entitlement, and growing up in the heartland.

Paige Sheridan has the perfect life. She’s pretty, rich, and popular, and her spot on the homecoming court is practically guaranteed. But when a night of partying ends in an it-could-have-been-so-much worse crash, everything changes. Her best friends start ignoring her, her boyfriend grows cold and distant, and her once-adoring younger sister now views her with contempt. The only bright spot is her creative writing class, led by a charismatic new teacher who encourages students to be true to themselves. But who is Paige, if not the homecoming princess everyone expects her to be? In this arresting and witty debut, a girl who was once high-school royalty must face a truth that money and status can’t fix, and choose between living the privileged life of a princess, or owning up to her mistakes and giving up everything she once held dear.
Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Yay! I’ve been wanting this book for a while now, so I finally bought it.
The Pre-Sloane Emily didn’t go to parties, she barely talked to guys, she didn’t do anything crazy. Enter Sloane, social tornado and the best kind of best friend—the one who yanks you out of your shell.

But right before what should have been an epic summer, Sloane just… disappears. No note. No calls. No texts. No Sloane. There’s just a random to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-selected-definitely-bizarre-tasks that Emily would never try… unless they could lead back to her best friend.

Apple Picking at Night? Okay, easy enough.

Dance until Dawn? Sure. Why not?

Kiss a Stranger? Wait… what?

Getting through Sloane’s list would mean a lot of firsts. But Emily has this whole unexpected summer ahead of her, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected) to check things off. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go Skinny Dipping? Um…
And finally…
The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
I’ve heard so many great reviews about this book and I love To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, so I figured I had to buy this book.
Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer—they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment