Monday, October 6, 2014

Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Picture
Not my favorite book I can tell you that, it's one of those, waiting to get into it books but never actually getting into it. Maybe I didn't like it because I was doing a crap load of homework so I was under a lot of stress, still am, actually, I'm er, still procrastinating, see I'm doing this on the same day as my Pivot Point review so... Wow, by the time I post this review I'll probably be over halfway through Blood of Olympus... EXCITING! :D So I didn't take many notes while reading this aka I took one so this will be a spoiler free review. But I'm just going to say, Aria, you got your first period at seventeen? I envy your life. Not actually your life kinda sucks but... So Under The Never Sky is a book told from dual points of view. One from Aria, a girl living in the realms and one from Perry a 'savage'/ someone living outside the realms/pods. Ugh whenever they said pods I always thought of dolphins. I wasn't particularly impressed by the characters, especially the two main characters since I found both Aria and Perry pretty predictable.
6/10 stars, that's my rating for the book. I gave it a 3/5 on goodreads and was tempted to give it like a 5.6 or something, but the ending was.... slightly interesting, bumping it up .4 points and making me willing to buy the second book, a lot of the time I've found the second book in a trilogy is better than the first.... or it gets worse, like the first is amazing the second it eh and the last is like, why did I ever read this? My examples for that are the Hunger Games and Divergent. Jeez, Mockingjay and Allegiant were just bad.
From what I got from it, Under the Never Sky is a dystopian? Correct me in the comments if I'm wrong. But Under the Never Sky is a dystopian novel following Aria and Perry's adventure. It all begins when Aria hasn't been able to contact her mom for the past five days, so she befriends the son of the head of the security, hoping to find out what happened to her mother. turns out the son of the head of security, aka the asshat is a crazy evil lunatic. He takes Aria, her best friend Paisley and some of his friends outside the pod, locking them out. Some crazy stuff happens and the asshat ends up catching everything on fire, and like trying to kill/maybe rape Aria and Paisley. Aria saves Paisley but then Soren, oh yeah, that's what the asshat's name is, Soren jumps her and is like acting like an animal so then Perry shows up and saves her blah blah blah. (No offense to those of you who loved this book, I just wasn't impressed) Eventually Aria is tossed out of the realms, Perry finds her and they, grudgingly, have to work together, for Aria to save/find her mother and Perry to save his nephew.

Here's the real synopsis:
WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.

DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.



So this not high recommendation for me, but you know, it you want to read it, be my guest :) tell me your thoughts on the book in the comments. Did you enjoy it? Do you think I should go back and read it?? I don't know, tell me your thoughts if you want, I'd love to hear them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment