Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Maze Runner Movie Review

I never wrote a book review on The Maze Runner, but I can tell you right now, I really hated that book.No offense for those of you who enjoyed it, I have nothing against you, but I just did not enjoy that book. The concept was great, but the way it was written really irked me. The book was very repetitive and things popped up into Thomas's head at the mist random moments. It was definitely my least favorite book that I've ever read. Now this is one of the few times in my whole life that I'll ever say this, so read carefully, the movie was better than the book. I'm giving this movie an 8/10 stars. It was really enjoyable and had great action sequences. I think that it helped that we didn't see directly into Thomas's head like we did in the book, that made it pretty boring. Also, in the book there's that weird telepathic thing, I'm glad they got rid of that. 
The movie was so short though, only one hour and fifty seven minutes, so they really had to cram a lot of information into that, they also cut a bunch of parts out, but I didn't really mind since it still made sense. A smart thing the writers/producers did, was find an attractive male lead that was fairly well known. I, myself, didn't watch teen wolf, but if you do, you'll definitely know Dylan O'Brien, he's an excellent actor, I'll give him that. 
My favorite character from The Maze Runner is/was Newt. I am very pleased with who hey chose to play Newt in the movie, though I wish he had a bigger part. The guy who layer Newt was also really thin, like he seemed kind of like he had a twiggish build. But his cuteness and accent made up for it, no worries there. Like I said before I wish Newt was a bigger part of this movie. In the book he and Thomas become a sort of friends but there wasn't really enough time for that or even getting to know Newt that well in the movie which I found rather disappointing. 
I didn't particularly like the actress choice for Theresa, she just didn't really fit the part for me. Though, all the other actors chosen for the parts I think were excellent. The guy who played Gally was the same guy who played (Augustus?) From the Voyage of the Dawn Treader and he had the perfect look for Gally, just like all the other actors (Besides Theresa) fit their parts well. Alby and Minho were just as I imagined them. 
The Maze, the grievers and the plot seemed a lot more intense and interesting for me than they did in the book. When I was reading the book I was immensely bored, but when I watched the movie, I was disappointed when it was coming close to the ending. I think I'll definitely go to see the next two movies if they make them, but I still plan on not continuing this series unless someone gives me a very good reason to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment