Sunday, September 21, 2014

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

This book was pretty good. Not my favorite Sci-Fi novel, but enjoyable. I would give this book a 6.6/10 stars, it started catching up at the end and I'm buying the next book. Seriously though, why can't I get the next book in the pretty cover it used to have that matched the first one? Instead I have to buy it in the ugly font version. I enjoyed the characterization in the book but the plot wasn't gripping. Amy and Elder make a cute couple, though, Elder is more of a good guy over a bad boy. (And we all know how much I like my bad boys) You could tell immediately that there was something wrong with the ship, how everyone looked alike and how they all acted like they were drugged. The ending though, I was not expecting. 
I read this book in one sitting, which tells you it was pretty good. I recommend this book to you if you have some free time for a lighter read or if you love sci-fi novels. 
Across the Universe starts off when Amy and her family get frozen in some extraordinary technology to be woken up in 300 years. For some unknown reason, Amy is woken up 50 years early. She then meets Elder, the next leader of Godspeed the space ship the two are on. But there's a problem, someone unplugged Amy, and is unplugging the other frozen people. Amy must find out who is killing the people before her parents are next. 

Synopsis: 
A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder. 

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming

SPOILERS FOR ACROSS THE UNIVERSE BELOW

Getting frozen sounds painful, don't you think? I'd hate for that to happen to me. 
Eldest sounded like an arse, I decided that from the beginning, hearing about him, and my idea about it got stronger and stronger going into the book. 
My three theories for who was unplugging the frozen people were this Eldest, Harley or him the 'dead' Elder. People often aren't dead in books when, from the beginning, they say they are dead. 
The people on that ship were extremely messed up. First off the Season was disgusting and gross. Second they were all brainwashed and it was really annoying. 
It was all very Insurgent Amity Serum when Amy got infected with that happy stuff. Really annoying and not as entertaining. 
I was practically celebrating when Eldest was killed, you have no idea how much joy and happiness that gave me. 
I guessed that Elder let Amy out when Orion was talking to him, but it was surprising to me. Then he actually told her, kudos to you, Elder, for honesty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment