Monday, September 8, 2014

Kiss of Deception

Picture
This book was so amazing, I loved it! It's well, deceiving, exciting, romance-y and action-ish! I need the next one, Mary! I can't wait until July! Lia was a great strong protagonist and both the prince and the assassin were dashing and very swoon worthy. I actually thought the prince was the assassin and the assassin the prince for a lot of the book. I like them both. Lia whoever you choose, I'll take the other. So this story is about Lia. She's a princess in the land of.... Idk how to spell the name, but she's a princess in an arranged marriage. On the day of her wedding, she flees before she even meets the prince. Along with her handmaiden, she works to make a new life in a far away land. Little does she know, she has two pursuers. One, the prince whom she never met and the other an assassin sent from a distant land to murder her and sent the land into chaos. Both the prince and the assassin eventually find her in the village and meet her. Not realizing who they are, Lia befriends them both and ends up falling for one. But who is the prince? and who is the assassin?
here's the official synopsis:

A princess must find her place in a reborn world.

She flees on her wedding day.

She steals ancient documents from the Chancellor's secret collection.

She is pursued by bounty hunters sent by her own father.

She is Princess Lia, seventeen, First Daughter of the House of Morrighan.

The Kingdom of Morrighan is steeped in tradition and the stories of a bygone world, but some traditions Lia can't abide. Like having to marry someone she's never met to secure a political alliance.

Fed up and ready for a new life, Lia flees to a distant village on the morning of her wedding. She settles in among tI  I he common folk, intrigued when two mysterious and handsome strangers arrive—and unaware that one is the jilted prince and the other an assassin sent to kill her. Deceptions swirl and Lia finds herself on the brink of unlocking perilous secrets—secrets that may unravel her world—even as she feels herself falling in love.

SO GOOD. My rating would be an 8.5/10 stars, I really enjoyed this book and I recommend it to all y'alls. (psst it made it to my favorites shelf) This book was just filled to the brim with tension, romance and anxiety. Meaning, I LOVED IT! Go read this book then we can discuss it together :)
SPOILERS FOR KISS OF DECEPTION BELOW


I didn't realize that we'd get to read from the Princess, the Prince AND the Assassin's POV. It was great, seeing their perspective on everything. Like I said before, I thought Rafe was the Assassin BUT after Kaden beat him on the log I changed my mind.
I was laughing so hard when Rafe (I forget his real name) said what the note said 'I should like to inspect you before our wedding' It was just funny because of how Lia's mom had reacted when she said she wanted to inspect him and then how Rafe talked about it.
I decided this would be a high rating really soon into the book, and was squealing of excitement before they even met (Rafe and Kaden). I never thought that the two boys would be roommates, I found that concept hilarious.
The whole power of presumption or divination thing kinda confused me, it never went into full detail of what that was, so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Lia's meeting with Walther was just so heart touching and cute- I loved it. I was really saddened when he came to her and was crazy and then I was REALLY sad when he died and Lia had to watch. That was just depressing, though it seemed a little rushed. Did anyone else think it was odd that the crowned prince had to be a soldier? Wasn't it funny how Rafe and Kaden both thought Walther was her lover? Seriously, shouldn't they know who the crowned prince is though?
I was laughing so hard when Lia was talking to Rafe about how deception was horrible, he totally thought she'd found out about him.
I still really like Kaden, even though he kidnapped her, he saved her life and he's actually a really nice guy. I like both of them, and I'd like the prince even better if he cut his hair. I don't like long haired boys tbh.
"May your horse kick stones into your enemies feet."
Anyway this ending was horrible- JUST GIVE ME THE NEXT BOOK!
Sorry for the short review I've been really busy lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment