Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey

Picture
Remember how I said I was going to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone next? Well, obviously I lied. I got 7 pages into Daughter of Smoke and Bone and then realizing that the Infinite Sea was coming in the mail the next day, I stopped. I've heard so many positive and negative reviews on Daughter of Smoke and Bone I'm not really sure what to think of it. If any of you have been keeping up with my blog for a while now, like since May, then you'll know that I was not impressed by the 5th Wave, it was hard to get into and I only slightly got into it towards the end. This book was completely different. It didn't have to introduce the world and it could just throw you right into the action, I loved it. This is going to be a spoiler free review, actually I might leave a few spoilery comments at the end, under a warning, but there's not going to be a whole part spoiling the book, for the most part this is going to be spoiler free. If you haven't read The 5th Wave then it will be spoilery, but I highly recommend you read the 5th Wave, even though it was boring, just to get to this book, it's amazing. So if you haven't read The 5th Wave, go do that so you can read this book then go read my 5th Wave review THEN come back here. Byeeee. Back to this book, it was a lot of fun to read. My favorite Point of View was Evan's. Really, I only read this book for Evan anyway. In my last review I wasn't attached to the characters at all, but now I really care if Evan or Cassie die. Especially Evan. I'm sorry if you think it was a spoiler that Evan lived, I thought it was kinda obvious that he lived, but sorry if you didn't! This book was just so short, only three hundred pages, it didn't really give you enough time to get to know the characters any more than you already did, it just gave you time to watch fight after fight after fight. Like I said in my review of the 5th Wave I definitely like Evan better than Ben, I think Ben would be better with Ringer or someone else. He seemed a little irritable in this book, which is understandable.
Evan and Cassie's relationship is so cute in this series, their chemistry is spot on. I love that he took out all those people while she was going inside to save her brother just to save her life. Is this series supposed to be a Trilogy? I don't know, if you do, you should tell me in the comments or in contact or somewhere! I think I might go back and reread a bit of the 5th Wave now before reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone just because I like the characters more. Rick put some other characters' point of views in this book, like Poundcake's and Ringer's. I didn't especially like that because I wasn't attached to either of them as much as Cassie, Evan or even Ben. It especially annoyed me how much of Ringer's point of view we get at the end of the book, like almost one hundred pages out of a three hundred paged book. I want more Evan! Haha.
I'm giving this book an 8/10 stars even though Ringer and Poundcake's point of views annoyed me kinda I loved the action and hearing about the characters and stuff. The ending was adorably annoying, adorable, sure, but annoying because I have to wait like another year for the next book. The movie for the 5th Wave comes out January 26, 2016. It's a long wait, guys. The guy they picked for Evan looks a little old, honestly, but I think the movie will be great. They better do it right because if they make the movie right because this series could be the next big thing. Oh, the guy they picked for Ben is Rider from Melissa and Joey, this is gonna be weird.
Back to the book, I really liked the realistic relationships between the characters, because obviously Cassie's not gonna get along with all of them immediately and it makes sense that she and Ringer don't rub well together. We don't get to see as much of Cassie's bad assery in this book but we still get to see a little. You should go read this book.

A FEW SPOILERS BELOW FOR THE INFINITE SEA


When we got Evan's POV I was off the charts happy. Then we met Grace and ugh, she's annoying isn't she? The ending of this book, let's talk that, shall we? YES Evan isn't dead, I didn't think he was, Rick probably won't kill him off OR he'll kill him in one of the last books for impact on Cassie. I loved the "Then I'll come to you." It was so cute. I felt so bad about how badly Evan was injured throughout this book, but he was able to survive, which is the point, I guess.
Then there's Cassie who's kinda caught in her feelings toward Evan, not sure whether he's really dead or alive, when he is alive not sure whether she actually really likes him or not.
I really actually kinda enjoyed the part where Evan was shot and under the car. not because he was shot, but because he was comparing it to the same situation Cassie had been in in the last book. Then Cassie's comment "You shot me in the leg, I shot you in the leg, we're even." Haha. He better live, Rick. If you're reading this Evan better live, and I really want Cassie to end up choosing him, which I think she will but if she doesn't I at least want him to live okay? Okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment