Sunday, September 28, 2014

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas

Picture
I loved this book! It was so much better than Throne of Glass! If you didn't like Throne of Glass, seriously, try the next book, it's so much better than the first book! 9/10 stars, yeah, that's how much I loved this book. It was exciting, with plot twists around pretty much every corner, the romance was spot on and Ah! I loved everything! The characters were fun and lovable and the action scenes were riveting. I seriously recommend this series to you. So.... That means you should go read it... now, if you haven't. But I think I'm like the last person to have not read it so thats probably not a problem. I seriously cannot wait to read The Assassins blade, which is a novella bind up and then The Heir of Fire! Those are going to be my next book reviews, I can promise. If you actually haven't read this series, go read my Throne of Glass review :) I don't wanna spoil you!
SPOILERS FOR CROWN OF MIDNIGHT BELOW
The ChaolxCeleana in this book melted my heart. I loved it. In fact, most of my notes were just about the moments between the two of them. The action scenes were great, though. Unfortunately I knew that Nehemia would die, I read the summery for Heir of Fire, you see. Okay, never read the synopsis for the next books if you don't want to be spoiled.
What did you guys think of Archer? He kind of reminded me of Finnick Odair from The Hunger Games at first. You know, since he slept around because he had to and all. But then he quickly moved far, far, far away from Finnick. He was an arse. Like how he had Nehemia assassinated? Uh, no, you can't do that. Even though they kind of hinted that maybe Nehemia pushed him to do it, still NO! I kind of liked Archer at first, but yeah, obviously didn't like him by the end.
"I'll go with you." ahsva shkjnc
"Go," he snarled at Dorion before launching himself at the creature.
That line, though. It was so powerfully awesome. I loved it. I still haven't changed my mind fromm the last book- still solidly Team Chaol but I do like Dorion, he's just not as good as Chaol who kind of reminds me of Tobias but I like him even better! (No offense Divergent fans! I love Divergent too but Allegiant just... well....)
Celeana being Fae, did any of you guys see that coming? Huge plot twist there. And then you find out she's the lost queen and my brain just exploded. CANNOT wait to read Heir of Fire, but since I'm trying to pace myself, I'm going to read The Assassins Blade first. I do want to hear more about Sam, he sounds like a great guy, even though he's dead, if Celeana loved him that much he has to have been a pretty amazing guy.
Back to Archer, that guy was insane, how could he think that murdering Celeana's best friend and working with her lost loves murderer/torturer would get her to want to be on his 'team'? Seriously demented.
I'll apologize again for the short reviews lately and thank you guys for sticking with me- it's not just because I have like no free time these days, it's that I haven't been taking many notes! But I feel like a short review is better than no review so... See you guys next time.
xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment