Saturday, August 2, 2014

Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Picture
Aren't the covers beautiful? SO much better than the original covers.  So these books aren't exactly a SERIES but you have to read Anna and the French Kiss first or you'll be spoiled about it in Lola and the Boy Next Door, same with Isla and the Happily Ever After. These books are funny, entertaining and just a fun read all together.
Here's the synopsis for Anna

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming,beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

And here is it for Lola

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion...she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit--more sparkly, more fun, more wild--the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket--a gifted inventor--steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

THESE BOOKS are AMAZING. Even though you know what's going to happen somehow it still makes you want to read it. The character's voices are great and I loved the characterization. They're great for if you're getting over an intense book like Requiem, Opposition, or City of Heavenly Fire
So GO READ THESE BOOKS THEY ARE A MUST READ. I would rate them 10/10 stars and THAT is a VERY good review coming from me.

SPOILERS FOR ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS BELOW


So when Mer was talking to St.Clair about Ellie she kept getting short answers, I was immediately suspicious. Pretty much everyone loves St. Clair, Ellie, Mer, Anna, Amanda, etc. Speaking of Amanda, even reading her lines was so annoying for me.
It was also evident pretty quickly that St. Clair defiantly like Anna. But he was with Ellie... Interesting fact the last two romance-y novel books by different authors that I read both had like Ellie and I ending friendships. It's rather depressing. I didn't LIKE Ellie in this book at all. Not because of Anna's jealousy but because she has all these friends back at SOAP and now that she's in college she's 'better' than them now. Like, um, no.
I was laughing when St. Clair gave Anna the Canadian Flag, it was just too good. Aw but when St. Clair asked her if she still like Toph it was because he liked her, and when she said yes he look hurt.
I found it funny that Anna reviews movies and takes notes after because I review books and sometimes movies and I take notes while I read the books.
Haha, St. Clair used my favorite insult, 'Wanker'
When St. Clair and Anna slept together it was so hilariously awkward, I was laughing quietly on the plane ride back to Iceland.
"Well. Open your eyes." adnbwnfscpgjrlwkbn SO CUTE
It was sad how strained their friendship got for a while after Ellie got back... But then Anna slept in and she changed while St. Clair was in the room, so funny, I was practically dying of laughter at that part.
Then he called Anna his pregnant girlfriend 😂
I get so bad for Anna when she got home and found that Bridge was dating Toph and then they were fighting, as I've said many times I HATE WATCHING FRIENDSHIPS BREAK APART.
"I'm packing throwing stars right now." Aww that's so cute, lol.
Matt was really sweet to Anna, too, and that earns him points because they broke up and yet he was still nice to her and all.
I LOVED St. Clair and Anna's emails over Christmas, it was so much fun to read. But then when she got back and realized she was in love with St. Clair, she was HORRIBLE at hiding it.
Josh screaming when he sees the Thin Mints 😂 
I knew that they were going to do something stupid when they were drunk, Anna's one of those people that when they get drunk they don't remember anything. I am astonished at the fact of Anna and St. Clair were able to fix their friendship even after all their fights about Ellie.
I found two spelling errors in the first line of chapter 36 it says bad instead of had and in the first line of chapter 37 it says St. Chai ins tread of St. Clair.
When Anna and St. Clair were making out, I was just thinking what's going to happen after this??
I felt so bad for Anna when she got a detention for standing up for Mer. But then she finds out that St. Clair broke up with Ellie and she YELLED at him about that... #awkward.
Then when they finally get together I was just like FINALLY and this book had one of the cutest endings I've ever read.
I'm giving this book a 10/10 stars, perfect. I loved it.

SPOILERS FOR LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR BELOW


I LOVED that Anna and St. Clair were in this book, it just made it all the better. I knew, as we all did, that Cricket was the real love interest here, I mean, it's called Lola and the Boy Next Door not Lola and the Punk Rock Boyfriend. I really wanted to know WHAT HAPPENED between Cricket and Lola that made Lola HATE him so much. Like why does he feel so bad, what did Cricket do? Nothing, and that's why Lola disliked him, kind of. But reading about their little relationship was adorable. Then you read about how they 'broke up' :(
I felt so bad for Cricket when he asked her out and then Max showed up :( Okay then you read about St. Clair getting job to work for his and Anna's future and you totally forget about Cricket asking Lola out.
"And your right pants" 😂
  What Calliope did wasn't nice, but I understand why she did it. I wouldn't want to loose my best friend to a boy/girl friend either. Cricket telling Lola he likes her for the second time aihfswvjkbwfoihv SO CUTE!!! <3
I didn't like how Lola could be so rude sometimes, like when Anna and Etienne came to see Max's show for Lola and then she just leaves immediately after.
"I get the strangest sense he's thanking someone." Maybe he made a wish for Lola to like him.
I had no idea what connection, besides Lola, Norah had to everyone so when I found out she was Nathan sister I was just like 'ohhhh'
Max was so annoying, passive and angry, I just wanted Lola to dump him and get with Cricket already. Then Cricket took her home when he had that big project he needed to do advfjbvubf
Yay, when she came to visit Cricket and he kicked Jessica out for her that was cute. All of these books are 'cute'.
So Max is becoming more and more of an asshat as the book goes on and I don't understand why Lola didn't just dump him then and there.
So Lola has an interesting style sense, not one that I would wear but it's cool that she can express herself through her clothes. Then Cricket comes into her room and her dad comes in so Cricket is hiding under her bed while her dad talks about him 😂
"If the person is... Lola?"
"Only if the other person is Cricket." aivnd the feels! the feels!
then she gives him the wrench 💕
 I like how protective Calliope is over Cricket, I wish my sister was like that.
So I was reading Anna and Lola while flying home on my kindle fire and since it's the first gen. kindle fire it won't charge in the 9 hour flight SO I'm 92% into Lola and the Boy Next Door and guess when it decides to shut town? Yeah, I was pissed about that.
So after I'm able to charge my kindle in the two hour car ride back to the house I got to finish it :)
I liked how she sewed Calliope's suit. It was nice of her.
Cricket's story was so cute, but it reminded me a little too strongly of Liam in the Darkest Minds before...
PRE DANCE WAS SO CUTEEEE
9.5/10 stars the beginning was slow and I didn't like Lola as much as I liked Anna.
So Isla and the Happily Ever After comes out in 13 days. I don't know anything about it. I'm guessing that Isla will have a romance with Josh since they're both seniors now as SOAP but IDK. I guess we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment