Monday, August 18, 2014

To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

This book was so good, I went into it expecting it to be a solid 7/10 stars, but I was hooked in it by like page 60. I would give this book a 9/10 stars, it was so good. Jenny Han also wrote The Summer I Turned Pretty so maybe I'll try that out sometime, wow, my To Be Read list is growing dauntingly larger every day. The first few chapters aren't really al that interesting, but if you read past it you're sure to fall in love with it. Anyway, this book is about Laura Jean. Whenever she falls in love with a boy she'll write him a love letter saying anything she wants to because she's never going to send them. She pours her heart out into the letter, puts it in an envelope, writes the address, then puts the letter in her hatbox. It helps her to get over boys, without heartbreak or anything. But, one day her letters somehow get sent, and well, her life gets complicated. It's really hard to say anything about this book that isn't really a spoiler. So I'm just going to say this, this book is so good and I highly recommend it. It's funny, cute, quirky and has an adorable romance. If you haven't read it, what are you still doing? go read it now! Here's the synopsis: 

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.

It's so much better than it sounds, I promise. Lara Jean is a quirky cute character, she doesn't really have any experience in the world, but that's part of what makes this story interesting. If you haven't read this book I suggest you leave now so I don't spoil you :) Here's a link if you want to buy it yourself. It's a great book, I promise. 

SPOILERS FOR TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE BELOW


I thought it was so cute how Lara Jean called Josh when she got into that accident, I thought Josh, for sure must be the guy she ends up with in the end. But then again, he is her sister's ex so.... I was also really saddened by that thought because I ended up really liking Peter. It's kind of funny how all of the three Song Girls liked Josh at some point .So when I was really pulled into the book was when Peter came and talked to Lara Jean about her letter, I literally looked away from the book and said "awkward, awkward, awkward" over and over again. My bet was on Kitty for the person who sent her letters, and I was right. Why I thought it was Kitty was because Kitty was mad at her for 'almost' telling Josh she had a crush on him. 
I was laughing so hard when Lara Jean was just like to Josh, Yeah I'm really upset but Peter and I broke up this weekend... and Josh is just like Really? Because I was talking to him this morning and he said he really liked you. 
When both Peter and Lara Jeans hands were sweating though. 
đŸ˜‚Peter's notes were pretty funny, because they were supposed to be 'love notes' so he wrote her something like 'nice job today' for her first note. 
I loved how she had to come face to face with almost all the boys who got her letters, but then Lucas was like 'I was totally honored to get this, but you know I'm gay, right?' and she's just thinking, Ugh Peter was right. 
I knew Peter and Lara Jean would end up liking each other, so I was rooting for Peter pretty soon after we got to know him. It was so cute how he was helping Lara Jean make cupcakes. They just did all those cute little things together that were unneeded that hinted that they were going to like each other. When he said his mom liked her ajkfnskjvdvh. And he started driving his mom's mini van so they could give Kitty rides to school, Peter just seems like a great guy. It was entertaining how Peter thought that Josh was a tool and Josh thought Peter was a douche. 
By the Angel, when Josh was Harry Potter and she was Cho Chang it was so funny how they were shouting spells at each other, then Peter got jealous and he's all like "I noticed." And I was AWWWW. I was laughing when she said "Silenco" 
(This isn't actually from the book so you can get the gist of it) 
*Peter says something about the spell not working*
*Lara Jean covers his mouth with her hand*
"Silenco, what were you saying?" Lol. 

"Yeah you would have been a very good Moaning Myrtle." 
All my notes are pretty much like "I WANT HER TO END UP WITH PETER" and "PLEASE, PLEASE END UP WITH PETER!" Yeah, I really liked Peter. I LOVED when they officially got together and were kissing in the hot tub. But then Gen had to go and ruin it by being a twat and telling her Peter was telling everyone they slept together in the hot tub WHICH HE DIDN'T. Ugh, I wanted to punch Gen in the face so badly for that. I just want to see her happy with Peter, like officially together, is that too much to ask, Jenny?  
During the Christmas thing when Peter and Josh have that little show down and Margo hears that she kissed Josh, drama! Aw but then she misses Peter and I was just like GET BACK TOGETHER WITH HIM PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU!!!!!!!!  
Ugh the ending killed me, I stayed up till like 1 in the morning last night reading it which was kind of awkward because my friend had fallen asleep at like 11 and we had to get up early because we had to pack up. Then all I get at the ending is Dear Peter.... like WTF is THIS?! I NEED TO SEE PETER AND LARA JEAN OFFICIALLY TOGETHER AND HAPPY AND GOING ON DATES AND GOING ON DATES AND TOGETHER. Luckily there's another book, P.S. I Still Love You, which comes out April 2015. It says that another letter guy comes back and her feelings surface for him, I'm assuming it's John, since she saw him.  BUT OMG STAY WITH PETER PLEASE!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment