Thursday, August 28, 2014

Rebel by Amy Tintera

This is the second book in the dualogy by Amy Tintera. If you scroll down and read my last review it’s on Reboot, the first book in this book dualogy. This review is spoiler free for Rebel, but not for Reboot. I will just tell you before you leave- this book was better than Reboot. I would give it like a 6.8/10, very close to 7/10, which is a really high rating for me. If you didn’t know, anything from 7-10 stars in my reviews are high recommendations, 6’s are pretty good as well. I enjoyed this book, but like the last one it was a very light read, which is not my favorite kind of book to read. Rebel was more interesting than Reboot, though. Having more action it was more exciting. I still love Wren, she’s still a kick arse main character. I loved Abbie, she’s kind of like the new Ever, like Wren’s  new best friend, kind of. This book was intense and full of action. There were some new characters introduced- Micah especially. At first I thought it might be a love triangle with Micah but nope, I hate Micah, I could tell there was something wrong with him from the beginning, so I do not consider that a spoiler. Then there’s Riley, we all knew Riley was alive from the last book, but now we get to meet him, I loved Riley’s character, and I especially loved his relationship with Wren, while reading this book I really didn’t want him to die, him, Abbie and Wren, I really didn’t want them to die since they were my favorite characters in this book series. Callum got less aggravating in this book but he still annoyed me. If you’ve read Reboot and wasn’t crazy about it like me, I recommend you pick up Rebel just to find out what happens, it’s not as dull as Reboot was. No offense to any of you who liked Reboot, I just couldn’t get myself interested. I really liked the covers to these books, they were simple and cool. Especially the second one, one because the circle looks cooler and two because it’s blue and black, my two favorite colors. 
So this book got exciting-ish at times, but not enough for me to be able to loose myself in the words. Like I said before I really enjoyed Riley and Addie’s presence in this book, aside from Wren, they were the only characters besides Callum and Micah that we really got to know. The last book ended off when they arrived at the reservation, so this book starts off right from that moment. Rebel is dual POV, meaning it’s from both Callum and Wren’s point of view. I’m never sure how I feel about dual POV in a later book, if you’re going to have dual POV I feel like you should have it there from the beginning, and not just add it in in later books. It worked for the Lux Series, I enjoyed it, but when it switched from POV to POV in Allegiant I couldn’t remember who’s POV I was reading from sometimes, they just pretty much seemed like the same person except Tobias was being annoying as heck. Sometimes I forgot who’s POV we were looking from in this book, too. Though, at the top of the page there’s a thing that said REBEL/WREN or REBEL/CALLUM or something like that, very helpful if I ever bothered to look at it, which wasn’t often. 
The book feels a little bit rushed and yet at the same time a little too slow for me, I’m not sure how you can do both, but this book did. Both Reboot and Rebel are very short reads so if you’re looking for a short dystopian read to enjoy and not totally get into the feels about (LEGEND, DIVERGENT, AND DELIRIUM) this is a good light read, if you prefer heavy reads like me, I don’t especially record it to you :) Sorry about the short review, I just don’t have much else to say without spoiling you and I don’t have enough to say about the spoiler-y parts. I’ll see you guys soon in my new shipment of books that I haven’t read yet I have
These Broken Stars 
Unearthly Trilogy 
Rebel Belle 
Kiss of Deception 
Immortal City 
So keep checking in for reviews on those ;) depending on how busy I am this weekend I might post one or two more reviews, also depending on if I start the Unearthly Trilogy and if I decide to review the books separately or together. 
Thanks for reading! I love you guys! 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment