Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Revenge of Seven by Pitticus Lore

    Picture
    This book really picked up this series for me. If you read my last post you'd know that this series was just disappointing me lately, but this book was just amazing. I finished it literally five minutes ago so I have the story fresh in my mind. I would give it a 8.5/10 stars, very enjoyable. I highly recommend this book if you have read this series and like me, was giving up on it, or if you haven't read this series, I highly recommend it  to you, just endure through the fourth book, this is the fifth book of the Lorien Legacies by Pitticus Lore. The first book is called I'm Number Four. It's about this boy- Four. He's part of a dying alien race that fled to Earth after their home planet was destroyed. He's one out of Nine of the surviving aliens in his race. There was a charm put on the nine children who fled to earth, so that they can only be killed in their number order, One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight and Nine. So when the other race of aliens- the Mogadorians- who attacked Four's home planet- Lorien- find the nine remaining children on earth, they begin hunting them down. One, Two and Three have now been killed, and now, Four is next. This is a great series, it has romance, action, and everything you could want in a sci-fi YA series, though, the writing style and the concept get kind of bad as it goes on, it's still worth the read. I say that now after reading The Revenge of Seven because this book was just so good. I went into it with low expectations, one because of how bad Fall of Five was and two because the name just doesn't really click. I'm curious to see what the next book will be called because they kind of ran out of numbers. I expected this to be the last book and while reading the book, it seemed like it was the last book. And then it ended. And then I flipped out. The next book definitely has to be the last book, because they're in the middle of the final battle now, that's all I can really tell you without spoiling it. So you should read this book series because it has humor, a fair amount of kick arse-ery and a pretty good romance. The characters are okay-ly written but I enjoyed reading about their personality and their legacies.
    Here's the summery for I am Number Four if this series sounds interesting to you:

    In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now. The Nine had to separate and go into hiding.

    The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

    I AM NUMBER FOUR is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.

    Okay so I'll just say I read I am Number Four before I was really interested in reading, I mean I loved reading but not as much as I do now. I also read  I am Number Four really soon after it came out so I had to wait a year for Power of Six, then another year for The Rise of Nine, then another for the Fall of Five, another for The Revenge of Seven and I'm going to have to wait another year for the next book. Can anyone see why I might possibly want this series to end? The next book has to be the last one, to finish the final battle and to tie up all the loose ends. I really want Nine, Six and Adam to live. So the Revenge of Seven, like I said before I went into it with low expectations and came out awed. This book was really good, with the exception of Marina having some annoying moments and it not telling us who's Point of View it is, I really enjoyed it. I found myself flashing back to Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout a few times while reading this, I won't lie. Anyway I'm afraid if I talk more that I'll spoil you so go away none spoilery people and come back when you've read the book :)

    SPOILERS FOR THE REVENGE OF SEVEN BELOW


    "Too bad these secret Mogadorian bases never have any exit signs."
    So Ella is Setrakus Ra's granddaughter, meaning I WAS CLOSE WITH MY THEROY, saying she was his daughter, I was just missing the grand. Also, I guessed this arse face was Loric, so yeah, I won't lie, I'm pretty proud of myself.
    "I'm sure Nine will be thrilled to know we have a fat cat with an obvious affection for Sam named after him."
    Haha, so in the beginning of this book, we start out with everyone pretty screwed, but then they get together make a plan and it just becomes so much more interesting. I thought that Bernie Kosar was dead but luckily he's alive, but then again he had like no part in this book because in the beginning he just left with Sarah. That's it. I was pretty disappointed about that, but hey, at least he's not dead.
    I felt so bad for Nine in this book, he was beating himself up about Eight's death, Marina was being a twit to him and when he saw that his only home had been ravaged, I just felt for him. I get why Marina would blame Nine, but I just wish she'd have been more forgiving earlier. I mean, in the beginning of this book she was just getting on my nerves, she was being a twat to Nine, freezing anyone who got in her pathway and being moody. Yes, I do also get why she was like that, but no offense to any of you who like her, but Marina was never my favorite, she just kind of seemed to weak, so she finally gets an attack power but she's using it to just pretty much bully people, I found that very irritating, I liked her a lot better after they got Eight's body back. Though, I was pretty annoyed at her when she was being an arse to Adam. And when Marina said Adam 'stole One's legacy' that just made me flip out. HE DID NOT STEAL IT FROM ONE IT WAS A GIFT HE DIDN'T WANT IT FROM HER!!!
    Setrakus Ra was a real pain in the arse, as usual. But then he linked them, and I freaked out because I knew that not of the Garde would kill him if it meant killing Ella, though, that's a weak point for him, too, I realized at the same time. Because if Ella sacrifices herself then he would die also. She almost did sacrifice herself, but then stupid face Five had to intervene, do I sense an affection between the two? Only the next book will tell. I don't want Ella to die, but if it served for the greater good than I think I would prefer Ella dying over Nine, Six or Sam. Oh, shall we get to Five? I knew this book would be redemption for him, and that just annoys me, and that extra book that came out on July 22 that I never bothered to read? It probably was making him more likable. But I still don't like him.
    That part where Adam killed his dad was so awesome. And that may be one of the most twisted sentences I've ever written. Adam really gained John's trust there, though, because he saved his life by killing his own father. It was just a great fighting scene where John was in that force field with the General and he was loosing, then he was about to get his face cut open when the General just sort of freezes, and Adam says, "Through the back. Isn't that how you'd do it, Father?" It was just such a great moment, that was when he really won John's trust, because before that he was hesitant to trust him. And then Adam takes his family's broadsword aftrnbfkjbfjib SO MANY FEELS.
    Did anyone else feel like the Garde meeting up again was way too easy? They just fly an aircraft over to Ashwood? I don't know what I was imagining happening for them to come back together, but it certainly wasn't that simple and easy.
    Sarah and Mark are going out to GUARD's home base since they're on the run and this thought popped into my head, is guard someone we could possibly already know? Authors do enjoy that kind of plot twist.
    BytheAngel when Adam was looking at Six and then she asks him what and he says she reminded him of someone he used to know. asdfnsfkjbfihofvivihvfb ONE!!! I think Adam and One have to be my OTP for this series so that just gave me a horde of the feels, I want him to like tell someone about One and to their view on that.
    Okay so when 'Eight' came back to life and the chapter ended, just *GASP*. I thought OMG MAYBE IF ADAM GETS ONE'S BODY AND BRINGS IT HERE SHE'LL COME BACK TO LIFE. Sadly it wasn't actually Eight, though if it was I might be a lithe annoyed too because you can't bring people back from the dead in this kind of book, it made sense in The Mortal Instruments but there isn't magic, there are aliens, otherwise it's completely normal, lol. But I'm glad Marina got to say goodbye to Eight.
    Let's talk the ending shall we? Marina says something like "We're no longer alone" and then it changes chapters, John is saving this couple when a Piken comes along and some wall of Telekinesis pushes it away and Sam says, "Did I do that?" AND THE BOOK FREAKING ENDS. YOU DO NOT END A BOOK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FINAL BATTLE, YOU JUST CAN'T DO THAT, IT ISN'T FAIR TO HUMANITY, I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR TO READ THE NEXT BOOK!!!! If you saw my face when I turned the page and the book was over......
    Alright so that was my review on the Revenge of Seven, I'm getting in a shipment of books today so I'll have another review up soon :) comment if there's a specific post you want made or book you want me to read :) OR you can comment your thoughts, I'd love to hear them.
    Until next time,
    Bookfanic

No comments:

Post a Comment