Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Picture
BY THE ANGEL THIS BOOK WAS SO AMAZING. If not a little short, I could really use like 20 more books, Jen. I really could. But anyway I would rate this book a 10/10 stars, it was fantastic. I loved it. Well- how could I not love a book with Daemon Black in it? I mean  , I hate the cover change, you go from this-
Picture
To this -_-
Picture
I wish they'd at least made an original cover for Opposition so it would match the books on my book shelf :(.
Anyway if you haven't read any of the Lux series, I highly recommend these books, they're one of my all time favorite series that I've ever read- which is saying something because I've read A LOT of books. So here's the synopsis for Obsidian:

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.

IT'S SO GOOD!!!! If you haven't read it. Go read it. Now. It's so freaking amazing. So once you read the series come back and read my very spoilery review. :)

SPOILERS FOR OPPOSITION BELOW


"You're broadcasting your thoughts so damn loudly I feel like I need to go in a corner and start rocking, whispering Daemon's name." We didn't really get to know Archer in Origin, but we got to know him better in this book and I loved his character.
When Katy went with Archer to the store and then all the Luxen came I WANTED KATY TO FREAKING RUN! -_- she can't just listen for once, really? I guess that's one of the reasons why I like her, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't have run!
"I was on level 69 of Candy Crush, you bastard." I love Dawson. In my reread of the series right before this book came out I thought about it more and yeah, I love Dawson, like I want his POV after realizing Daemon and Katy are together, after rereading Shadows, the prequel novella, he never would have thought DAEMON Would have fallen in love with a human after all the crap he gave Dawson about it. Congrats to Daemon and Dawson for being able to keep their emotions, not so much to Dee.
So also in my reread of the series I saw that there was a Roland mentioned by Jocelyn in Opal, I had read the snippets and was like ROLAND! but nope just two different Luxen named Rolland it appears.
I congratulate you, Jen, for making it so we COULD NOT TELL IF DAEMON STILL HAD HIS EMOTIONS FROM HIS POV. That was incredibly frustrating and making you need to read more at the same time. I just had to know if he was faking or not! Lucky for us he wasn't otherwise we'd have to go through that whole Dee-fight on amuch larger scale and Daemon would never stop beating himself up about it.
Ugh so Sadi, I'm on Kat's side for this, I didn't like her fro, the beginning, but then we find out she's an Origin and I'm just like, yup, it's decided. I hate her. It made me so happy when she died.
I thought that the bitch Dee was going to get in the way big time in this book, but she didn't. It's incredible that the three triplets made it out alive, not that I'm complaining if I had a bet on which of them would die in this book it probably would've been Dee.
I LOVED the scene when Daemon, Dawson and Katy were fighting everyone, that might have been my favorite fight sequence in the book, that or the part where they fight Dee, that was awesome. Not that I liked that they had to fight Dee, it's just we've never seen her fight before, Daemon and Dawson would have never allowed it, so I had no idea she even could fight so it was interesting seeing her in combat.
By the Angel when we found out Daemon and Katy weren't connected I just couldn't believe it, but then this thought popped into my mind- Jennifer wouldn't disconnect them... unless... One of them was going to die in this book.
Needless to say I flipped out about that.
So my prediction on this book was that they were going to team up with the government and the Arum and I was celebrating to myself when I found out I was right. It was a lot of fun reading about Daemon and Hunter, I just read Obsession today and Daemon and Hunter's first meeting from Serena's POV and I REALLY want them meeting Hunter and Serena again from one of the couple's POV just to see how they feel about meeting Katy and everything. I will not be doing a book talk or blog post about Obsession simply because I do not have enough to say. Sorry.
Were any of you wondering when we were going to meet this Luxen leader? Because I was. Was it Ethan? I didn't get the feeling it was, but whatever. I was expecting an epic battle and then Ethan's death, but nope his death was rather swift. I mean, Katy just shoots him and he's over.
Oh, when Daemon and Katy had unprotected sex? I was so scared that Katy had gotten pregnant, luckily she hadn't, we don't really need ANOTHER baby origin on the way, especially if Kat is going to fight.
"We could really use the Avengers right now."
"Screw that, we need Loki." Lol.
Aw the whole thing with Luc and Nadia was so sad, because she had obviously died at the end go the book. You know what Jen? I really want a companion novel about Luc and Nadia, how they met and how he fell in love with her, and then when she's dying he tells her he loves her and she feels the same way, they kiss and his heart breaks in two, yeah I would so read that. It's be so cute! I feel so bd for Luc though! Thinking he's not good enough for her and having Daemon get him the LH-11 just for it to not work? :(
Having Luc as an ally is really good, an enemy? not so much.
"I don't see anything."
"You're looking in the wrong direction."
______________________________
"You'd get jealous if she hugged a tree."
"Maybe." Haha I love Daemon! <3
______________________________
'Daemon raised a middle finger.
This was going to go well.'
Ew, hearing about the opal sewn into Lotho's skin it was just gross to even read about. I found it entertaining that Lotho 'wanted' to feed off Katy and they were about to let him but then he was like, yeah, uh, no I only eat grade A Luxen and Katy just thinks Should I be offended? Lol.
I loved the part where Katy is saying like
"Look I know you guys are BEFS."
and Daemon's just like
"What?"
"Best Enemies Forever, duh."
I don't know why none of the group thought to knock Dee out and kidnap her, especially when she came in to attack and kill Daemon. I would have knocked her out if I were Daemon- or Katy. I liked that Katy talked to Dee, trying to bring the real Dee back even though Dee had hurled her through a wall. Aw but when Dee came back and was scrambling closer to Daemon? So cute.
"And I expect a Christmas card this year." I really liked Lore, especially when he said that line after giving them each one of those guns.
I knew that Katy's mom couldn't be Katy's mom, especially when Daemon was saying 'Kat' in warning tones. BUT I WANTED IT TO BE HER MOM. I mean she never even got to say goodbye and I almost cried for Kat there, like my eyes got glassy. It really reminded me of when Daemon found out that Dawson was 'dead' the last few paragraphs in Shadows were heartbreaking. At 85% in the book they say 'hink' instead of 'think'.
Daemon and Kat are having this cute moment and then Nancy a.k.a moment ruiner comes up and has the nerve to try and shoot Katy. But then Daemon jumped in front of her and I honestly believed he was going to die, and two tears fell down my face. That wasn't crying but it was pretty damn close compared to other times I've read books and watched movies. It was just so close to the end of the book and him dying would be a sadistic plot twist some authors go for, I mean, Jen already kind of did it once, didn't she?
I'm glad Dee found another love interest after Adam, but I do miss the Thompsons I was just starting to like Ash and Andrew and then they died :(. I thought naming Dawson and Beth's kid 'Ashley' was fitting since Ash had saved Beth's life, dying in the process.
They said 'Always' 'Always' again in this book, seriously they are sostealing The Fault in Our Stars's thunder, lol.
All together I loved this book, it was really enjoyable, I just wantedmore this can't be the end of Kat and Daemon! I need a novella that's 900 pages about them going to college and everything, Jen!
Seriously though, this book was shorter than Origin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment