Saturday, August 23, 2014

Songs and Books

I've been thinking of doing  this for a while now and since I haven't posted for a couple days I figured I should do it now. I just ordered a pretty big shipment of new books from amazon so I'm going to have a pile of books to review for you pretty soon :) but then again school's coming back so.... :( 
So this post is songs that make me think of a book or a person/relationship in the books or TV show. 

True Love by Pink - Katy (Ann) Swartz/Black and Daemon Black's relationship in The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. 
I know this song could fit for a lot of other relationships, but I feel like Katy and Daemon's fit it best 
Echo by Jason Walker - Isabelle Sophia Lightwood, City of Glass, The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
Isabelle just felt so alone during that period after Max's death, blaming herself for everything I just think this song kind of fits her state of mind 
Angel with a Shotgun by The Can - Alex Andros and Aiden St. Delphi's relationship in the Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
Maybe it's because I had an obsession with this song when I read this series, but just listening to this song makes me think of the two of them because Aiden will do anything to protect Alex, including breaking all the rules
Shattered by Trading Yesturday - Jace Herondale and Clary Fray/Morgenstern's relationship end of City of Bones through City of Glass, The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
Because both Jace and Clary are so hurt, confused and broken by the fact that they're siblings, the lyrics in the song 'I've lost who I am' especially make me think of Jace 
All of Me by John Legend - Daemon Black and Katy Ann Swartz/Black's relationship in the Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
This song also makes me think of Daemon and Katy especially the lyrics 'You're crazy and I'm out of my mind'  “Daemon pressed his forehead against mine. "Oh, I still want to strangle you. But I'm insane. You're crazy. Maybe that's why. We just make crazy together.”  I just love Daemon and Katy
Down by Jason Walker - Seth Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
this song especially goes for the last book, Seth tried for everything but lost it all I loved Seth and Alex's relationship, didn't you? Seth was just so sweet and adorable
Secrets by One Republic - Simon Lewis and Isabelle Sophia Lightwood (The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare), Jace Herondale and Clary Morgenstern (The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare), Liam Stewart and Ruby Elizabeth Daly (The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken) 
This is one of my all-time favorites. It just goes with everyone's relationship, okay? but I don't feel like putting them all down. Okay, maybe not everyone's relationship, but a lot of the relationships in books. "Here. This is a place where you don't need to lie." LIAM AND RUBY Adkjsnv (So excited for In The Afterlight!!!) 
Feel Again by One Republic - (another bunch of relationships) Simon Lewis and Isabelle Sophia Lightwood, Jace Herondale and Clary Morgenstern (the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare) Daemon Black and Katy Ann Swartz (The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout), Gabriel Merrick and Layne Foster (Elemental by Brigid Kemmerer), William Owen Herondale and Theresa Gray (The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare) Ruby Elizabeth Daly and Liam Stewart (The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken) Sutter Keely and Aimee Finecky (the Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp) 
At least one in these relationships were sort of frozen in some sort of state and the other person helped them to well, feel again. Jace, Isabelle, Daemon, Gabriel, Will, Sutter. Ruby and Liam helped each other. 
Uncharted by Sara Bareilles - Katniss Everdeen The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Maybe it's because I was obsessed with this song when I read the Hunger Games, I don't know, but this song makes me think of Katniss
Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol - Jace Herondale and Clarissa Morgenstern The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
I don't know, the lyrics just make me think of Jace and Clary 
Over You by Ingrid Michaelson - Alexander 'Alec' Gideon Lightwood and Magnus Bane in the beginning of City of Heavenly Fire, The Mortal Instruments
Because they're so obviously not over each other but Magnus is kind of trying to weakly convince himself that he is, so if you listened to the song, you'd get it
Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney - Jace Herondale and Clarissa Adele Morgenstern, The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
More for Jace to Clary over Clary and Jace's relationship but yeah 
Change by Taylor Swift - Lena (Delirium by Lauren Oliver) 
I did listen to all Taylor Swift while reading these books when I was in Scotland, but I feel like this song just goes well with Lena's story- with Julian and Alex 
Hey Brother by Avicii - Niklaus Mikaelson from The Vampire Diaries and The Originals 
This song, just sort of from Klaus to Elijah and Rebekah

That's all I have for now, you can comment your thoughts or if you have any songs that go with your books/TV shows, if I find more maybe I'll make a part 2 ;) See you guys soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment