Monday, July 7, 2014

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

So this book has FINALLY ARRIVED. That's all I have to say. Haha. Jk, I have a lot to say. I finished this over a week ago, haha, but then my computer crashed again. -_- dear Raziel when will I have the time to buy a new one? Click here to buy your own, City of Heavenly Fire hardcover edition. (I got a signed one, I'm so excited) 
I would rate this book 11/10 stars. Cassie has out done herself again. Though, I was close to tears in part of it. So if you don't know what this is, it's the Final Book in the Mortal Instruments series, City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls, and City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. 
Here's a synopsis for the first book if you haven't read this series yet, 
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder― much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing―not even a smear of blood―to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end


SO if that doesn't sounds interesting to you, then poop you, read it anyway, they're a great series, my favorite.  I would all together rate the series 12/10 stars. It's so good and amazing. These books are the
Romance/Action/Adventure/Suspense/Humor/GOREADTHISNOWIFYOUHAVENTREADITYET type of book. 
This book.... OMG It gave me a bad case of the feels. It was so happy/sad/good/heart breaking. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE IS SAFE. 
So this book came out yesterday, May 27, 2014. I was up at 4 in the morning to read it. Though, school kinda slowed it down. I would've posted a review earlier but... I'm lazy lol. So I kept notes, while reading this and I have a crap load of them. SO MANY FEELS. I just... can't even handle it. Every one's lives are about to change. I'm going to miss this series. I will still love it, and it IS still my favorite book series. 
Cassie's assistant was right, it is the saddest happiest ending I've ever read. Though Maia was kinda pissing me off. you'll see why. My favorite characters are Isabelle LightwoodJace Herondale andAlec Lightwood. Though I do really love Jordan Kyle
There were so many deaths, just as I was expecting. I really loved Emma, a lot more than I thought I would. Though, I don't know how I'll get used to The Dark Artifices with who ever survived being in their 20's and it not being about THEM. I just... I'm going to miss reading new things about them!!!!! So go read this book, or this book series, and come back to read my feels. 


SPOILERS BELOW


This book..... Where do I begin? 
Let's start with Jordan Kyle, shall we? I was so scared about that picture of Sebastian talking about a dead boyfriend (to see it clickhere) then when I found out it was Jordan I completely flipped. I didn't realize how HOW much I liked Jordan until he was gone. He was also the early character death Cassie talked about, and the boy Cassie made that as soon as she made him she knew that he'd die. I was afraid it was Alec, even though I'm glad it's not, I didn't want it to be Jordan. (Maybe Sebastian? But we'll get on to that later.) Here is my literal notes I wrote down when Jordan died. 
'WHY DOES SEBASTIAN HAVE GOOD LINES WHEN HE'S ABOUT TO KILL A HOT CHARACTER!!!!?' 'WHY DID JORDAN DIE?!' 'I HATE SEBASTIAN SO MUCH' 
I was so upset. If you didn't get that from it. Then they kept going back to Jordan's death and like rubbing in our faces, like we DIDN'T ALREADY REALIZE HE WAS DEAD!!!! That hurt me. 
Then that thing with Maia, how could she? I honestly thought she was pregnant. Nope she was just going to dump him., WTF though? Why? Noooooo why would she do that?! IT's just not right. I shipped them so hard it wasn't even understandable.SHE COULDN'T BREAK UP WITH HIM. 
She is not allowed to be with Bat. It's just not right. Right after Jordan died I could see them starting a relationship. NO IT WAS DISRESPECTFUL TO JORDAN'S MEMORY! Like right after he died. I wanted to cry just about that (I didn't but I felt like it) 
Then that whole thing about Maureen, it was insulting to 13 year old girls all over the world. Her death seemed very.... quick, don't you think? For her being such a large evil ('large') that killed Camille. How the hell did that even go down? Like she's wearing all these 23-year-old outfits, a crown and like climbing all over the candy, SHE'S THIRTEEN NOT THREE lol. 
Then the whole AlecxMagnus relationship throughout the book, that so broke my heart. though, their talk outside the Institute comforted me, IDK why. But they were so heartbroken and torn up about each other. 'This is me falling apart' I wanted to cry for Alec. I felt really bad for Jace too, he couldn't really do anything to heal hisparabatai's heartbreak. Then at the end, I really thought that Alec and Magnus were going to stay together in Edom. That thought really depressed me greatly. But then SIMON volunteered and I was like, great then he can be mortal again. Then I remembered he'd been killed. That part depressed me so much. WHAT IS WITH YOU AUTHORS AND HAVING THE CHARACTER'S FORGETTING THEIR LOVE?! (*Cough* *Cough* Champion, The Darkest Minds, etc.) LIKE NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT. NO. NO. NO. 
The Sizzy relationship, OMG. I shipped so many things way harder in this book, Sizzy being one of the top things. You can watch their relationship develop ever since Simon faked liking her to make Clary jealous. How he was the only one to be able to comfort her after Max's death, how she wrote him a note about being so worried about Jace, and the Star Wars thing! My feels are overflowing just about those three things. I remember reading the snippets and the part where Izzy says, "I guess this is the part where we say goodbye?" I thought they meant breaking up. But no (GOOD) it was just she was leaving for Idris. Those snippets get really twisted in your brain, don't they? Maybe I should stop reading them, lol. OMG then Izzy freaking out at Robert?! And Alec finding out.... AND SIMON ADMITTING HE WAS IN LOVE with Izzy. That was sooooo cute. "Why do you only tell me you love me when you're drunk or dreaming?" 
"I have awful timing." 
"Should I change my face book status?" Izzy doesn't know what facebook is. Too good. 
Haha. When Alec kept walking in on them :D That was so funny. If you ddin't know, I love the theme of protective older brothers, (As I don't have one) so I feel enjoy Alec and Izzy's relationship. <3 
"WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING? WHY CAN'T YOU GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO DO THESE HORRIBLE THINGS? MY EYES." HAHA. I was so worried that Izzy was one of the 6 to die when she got bitten by that demon. All I could think was NOT IZZY and 'What a lame way for her to leave she deserves so much better'. When Simon saved her, that was a big relief for me. I wrote 'Thank Raziel..... And Simon." 
Then when Simon was feeding off Alec and he admitted that Izzy told him about the whole sleeping-together-biting thing. Then when Alec was telling Simon he was okay with him being with Izzy, awwww. Just that Simon forgot Izzy and Clary, that was heartbreaking. I was really depressed about that. Like I didn't realize how much I would miss the characters until they were gone. That sounds like some sappy Romance but, no not really. 
The whole Seelie Queen/ Sebastian thing was gross and odd. They were frenemies with benefits. Like the queen said both ready to stab each other in the back. 
Ugh the Queen, that bitch. I was really hoping she would die in the end, but no. Though, when they were talking about the faerie's revenge, I have a feeling that has something to do with The Dark Artifices. 
They kept name dropping Tessa, did you notice? That got me really excited that she would join the book. But nope, not until the end. 
I knew Clary would take the sword, from a snippet I read, but I didn't realize quite the importance it had to the story. It was KINDA the thing that saved everyone. 
I loved Emma and Clary's relationship, it really is sisterly. It was so cute, I needed some cute in that book. 
I was glad that Raphael and Simon were working together. I predicted Raphael would die, but I was still sad when he did. Though, Raphael and Magnus's friendship touched my heart. And that's a lot. I was very glad that Lily admitted it was her plan for Maureen's death, the werewolves and vampires need some peace. And I hated Maureen. 
The Blackthorns- I felt SO bad for Julian. That's a lot of responsibility for a TWELVE year old. I wouldn't have been able to do it when I was 12. Poor Helen and Mark. Mark- being forced to join the hunt, tortured and told by a Faerie bastard that his whole family was dead. Helen- being sent away from her home- her family and love - just because of her blood. I felt for their family. 
There was that whole Sebastian haunting Clary 'you have a dark heart' I loved when Clary told Jace about the almost rape thing. It was a talk they had to have eventually. So Clary and Jace, where to start? Why not start with the thing EVERYONE is going to remember. The Lake Scene. That was SO CUTE. It was perfect. I saw the picture online, but I didn't realize what exactly was happening. "I'm seventeen we're all perverts." LOL. Jace why are you so perfect? He said Clary was prettier than him, awwwww. That's a lot coming from him. 
The dreams in Edom. I really wished that Clary's dream was real. I've read so many fanfictions about it, I would love that life for her. Her and Jace. Simon's dream, though. That confused me, but it comforted me that he said he loved Izzy to break out of it. I felt another jolt of sadness for Alec about his dream. He just wanted to be loved and adored by his father. In a way that came true for him, didn't it? Michael was gay, wow I did not see that coming. But it makes me like the Waylands more after Consul Wayland, that BASTARD. 
The whole thing with Jace and being scarred by Sebastian, I felt so bad. YOU ARE NOT LIKE HIM JACE NEVER LIKE HIM. Then his dream...... And seeing that demon, my heart goes out to you Jace. It's actually always been yours, and Daemon's, and Will's and okay okay I'm a book whore lol., I was very worried that Jace would go and sacrifice himself all throughout the book it's a very Jace-like thing to do,. 
OKAY MELIORN I was so glad that he died. He was such a jerk., Mark, poor Mark. 
 I was also scared that the two weddings would be the ones in the dream- glad they're not., 
I was SO scared that Sebastian was going to be saved and that Jace would die that's a kind of Cassie twist I could see happening. 
But when Sebastian actually died and Jonathon was left, I really hoped he would live, get a chance to redeem himself, though he kinda did. I was really upset that Jonathon died. 
I saw Raphael's death coming, didn't you? 
This was such a great book for Alec to shine. He was a bigger part (Which I LOVED) and he showed a different side of him that we hardly ever see. I loved that he was like making all these comments about straight people, that just cracked me up. 
OKAY back on the dreams... Jonathon had the same dream as Clary about the family and stuff. THAT put me on the verge of tears. I just always wanted an older brother, and reading about it is the next best thing, right? 
Jace and Clary's plan- that was brilliant gotta admit. I thought it was part of their plan but I wasn't sure. Poor Jon not understanding love until his last minutes on- not earth- Edom. 
So Magnus's father was a dick head let's just get past that. Ugh those dumb butt demons not understanding a fangirl's needs! lol. Then Simon's band was called the Mortal Insturments and I was like Waaa? Clary's convo with him was so sad to me, they used to be best friends and he doesn't remember her. If any of my best friends just totally forgot me, I don't know what I'd do. 
I'm just going to say, they say Okay. Okay. In this book too. I was waiting for it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
I was pretty ,ad no one killed the Seelie Quee
 or went after Mark and the Helen thing pissed me off too. JUST KILL THE DAMN QUEEN ALREADY. 
Oh and that whispering voice in Emma's head against the parabatai thing? That's the part of her in love with Jules. 
Tessa and Clary talking was amazing but I was hoping that Tessa would talk about Will and MAYBE like Change into him so Jace could meet him. When Jace played the piano at the wedding though... adjdigjgmvjksf
So I had a lot more to say and this is why I try to type these as soon as possible, but I have notes in a very unorderly manner so I don't really know what I've covered yet so sorry! But I', going to be rereading this book a lot this summer haha. 
The next post I'll be doind is either a TFIOS movie review or a Elemental  book review, as I just finished the series literaly like a half an hour ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment