Monday, July 7, 2014

Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu

Legend by Marie Lu
Awesome series
Romance/Adventure
7.5/10 stars
must read
Legend Synopsis 
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the countries most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem. 
From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his families survival, while June seeks to avenge Matias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets. 
_____________________________________
So that sounds intense. I was thinking of reading this book about 6 months ago but decided not to since the names were a bit strange. BUT I MADE A MISTAKE IT IS SO GOOD. Seriously if you like The Mortal Instruments, The Hunger Games, Divergent or Matched READ THIS SERIES. It's like a mix of Matched, Divergent and the Hunger Games. In all honesty I didn't like Matched very much, but we're not here to talk about that. There's constant action and suspense, it really is amazing. 
I love June's character. She's smart, and knows how to fight for herself. I really love the way her mind works and how she notices everything around her.  And Day, I love his character too, how he's had to live pretty much his whole life on the streets.  My only few complaints are 
1. This book moves really fast it's like the beginning and then BAM BAM BAM action, action, action, then the book ends, there's no time for rest, and I feel like it got into things a little too fast
2. There's not really any humor, I really like a book that is intense and has a good romance in it but also has humor that's not cheesy. 
I read this series in 1 1/2 days. It was so good! 
(The end of Champion broke my heart and I got teary, I like never get teary) 

No comments:

Post a Comment