Tuesday, July 8, 2014

#Scandal by Sarah Okler

This book was amazing--- one of my favorites. I would give it a 9/10 stars. It's a mystery/romance contemporary novel about a girl- Lucy who goes to prom with her best friend's boyfriend when her best friend gets sick. The thing is- she's always had a crush on him ever since she met him. Apparently it wasn't just her. So they end up kissing. Then someone takes a picture of them and posts it on Lucy's Facebook along with a bunch of other incriminating pictures of their classmates. Ellie, Lucy's best friend is now pissed off at her along with the rest of her class so Lucy decides to get to the bottom of this so to speak and find out who took the pictures and who posted them on Facebook. If that does' sound interesting I understand, cuz I wrote it, here's the official synopsis. 
Lucy’s learned some important lessons from tabloid darling Jayla Heart’s all-too-public blunders: Avoid the spotlight, don’t feed the Internet trolls, and keep your secrets secret. The policy has served Lucy well all through high school, so when her best friend Ellie gets sick before prom and begs her to step in as Cole’s date, she accepts with a smile, silencing about ten different reservations. Like the one where she’d rather stay home shredding online zombies. And the one where she hates playing dress-up. And especially the one where she’s been secretly in love with Cole since the dawn of time.

When Cole surprises her at the after party with a kiss under the stars, it’s everything Lucy has ever dreamed of… and the biggest BFF deal-breaker ever. Despite Cole’s lingering sweetness, Lucy knows they’ll have to ’fess up to Ellie. But before they get the chance, Lucy’s own Facebook profile mysteriously explodes with compromising pics of her and Cole, along with tons of other students’ party indiscretions. Tagged. Liked. And furiously viral.

By Monday morning, Lucy’s been branded a slut, a backstabber, and a narc, mired in a tabloid-worthy scandal just weeks before graduation.

Lucy’s been battling undead masses online long enough to know there’s only one way to survive a disaster of this magnitude: Stand up and fight. Game plan? Uncover and expose the Facebook hacker, win back her best friend’s trust, and graduate with a clean slate.

There’s just one snag—Cole. Turns out Lucy’s not the only one who’s been harboring unrequited love..

Well, the whole best friend and the boyfriend got me intrigued from the beginning I always love a good love triangle (though in real life that would be a pain) but this story wasn't so much about the love triangle, it was more about finding out who hacked Lucy's Facebook. That was a plot twist for sure. So go read this book then come back and we can compare reviews :)

SPOILERS 

Cole sounds amazing from the beginning. Green eyes, brown hair... mhmmm. hot. Though, like Magnus Bane my personal favorite combination is black hair and blue eyes, though I don't mind green eyes. 4% into the book I discovered a spelling error *gasp* it says taking instead of talking. So Cole kisses Lucy under the stars and someone takes a picture of them. Then Lucy decides she needs to get over Cole and kisses Marceau. When Cole sees them he gets pissed off. But seriously I would've thought he would've been a little more mad a Lucy than just forgiving her and sleeping with her. Key word sleeping, they didn't SLEEP together. 
Okay so I figured out someone stole her phone as soon as she said it was missing. But seriously, have they not heard of putting a passcode on their phones?
So Miss Demeanor I figured out she was one of Lucy's friends from the time she started helping Lucy out. Miss Demeanor was just a watered down lamer version of Gossip Girl. Actually literally when you find out who Miss Demeanor is--- Franklin. Because 
(GOSSIP GIRL SPOILERS)

Gossip Girl is Dan so....

(SPOILER OVER)
Jayla sounds like a pretty awesome sister. Especially when she takes Lucy shopping. I want a sister like that, unfortunately I'm stuck with the one I already have. Though, Jayla in California sounded like kinda a bitch. 
Cole sounds like a good guy, he wanted to apologize to Ellie and he waned to help Lucy out. Not like some boys in that situation would. 
So this whole thing with Ellie made me want to cry. I hate it when you can literally feel and see your friendship slipping out of your grasp. It doesn't help that, that I had a best friend named Ellie once too. We grew apart and I still really miss our friendship. I'm only writing this on here because my class along with Ellie don't know about this website and the ones that do never take a look at my hard work lol. But yeah it really hurt when Ellie started blowing me off and ditching me last minute for other people, I mean we'd been friends for  long time and had done everything together and I told her everything. So I got upset over how frayed and broken Lucy and Ellie's friendship got and I didn't like where it ended in the book and how they weren't friends but they were talking. 
If I want the truth to set me free, I have to track it down. Good line there. 
It creeped me out to think that someone was in the closet watching them, though that actually wasn't true. 
(e)VIL Sounds really weird, against vanity technology. So I'm sure selfies will give them a heart attack when Instagram comes into style. (e)VIL in the gym with Jay was funny. 
I wanted more of Cole in these books I mean seriously she spent more time with Franklin than Cole and if this whole thing started when they kissed I think Cole should have been in it more. 
Then there was Cole's confession in the words ending with them sleeping sleeping together. In the woods guys, really? It was muddy apparently. 
When Jayla was talking to Lucy while she was in the bath, I just thought that was such a cute sisterly bonding moment. 
"I'm in love with Lucy." akldfcuhv that was cute, but Cole really needs to work on his timing, I mean seriously, right in front of Ellie? 
I'm not leaving my future wife out to dry. LOL Ash. 
It was cute when Ellie came and stood up for Lucy in front of Haley and Olivia. But then she sort of just left so....
Olivia, seriously was being a total bitch to Lucy, though if a girl in my class had posted a picture of my vomiting, kissed the guy I really liked and got me grounded maybe for life I might be a bitch to her too. 
I thought that maybe Ellie or Griff were Miss Demeanor since Miss Demeanor did so many things to help Lucy out but nope it was Franklin. 
I felt really bad for Jay when she broke down crying about being fired. 
I thought that maybe Franklin might like Lucy when he started avoiding her a bunch and when he apologized I thought it was for him posting something on like the Juicy Lucy page out of jealousy over Cole. But nope as awesome of a plot twist as that would've been, he apologized for being Miss Demeanor. 
I felt badly for Franklin afterwards because Lucy was so pissed at him. Ugh what can i say despite how I act I'm a very empathetic person. 
IT TURNED OUT TO BE GRIFF who took the pictures and sent them in. I was NOT expecting that one. Big plot twist, nice one Sarah. 
Lucy did the right thing not showing her evidence. But IDK If I would've done the same thing. Lust for revenge can really take you over sometimes and I'm the type to hold a very long grudge.... 
I'm not sure if I liked the ending much but it was cute but I want to see Ellie and Lucy friends again. If I can't repair my friendship with Ellie, then at lest Lucy should be able to repair hers with Ellie. 
Until next time, 
~Bookfanic~

No comments:

Post a Comment