Monday, July 7, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars Movie Review

So this is a Romance/Tragedy movie, if you didn't know. But seriously, if you didn't know that why are you reading this review? I'm assuming you've either read the book or/and the movie so this is going to be SPOILER-Y so yeah, leave if you haven't done either of those. No offense, though, if you've only seen the movie, GO READ THE BOOK NOW. It's by John Green. This movie was SO good it followed the book almost perfectly. and I actually got watery eyes from so many scenes. So for that I am giving this movie a 10/10 stars. Amazing job. Shai and Ansel are absolutely perfect for their parts as Hazel and Augustus. This was such a cute heart-touching/warming movie. I'm definitely going to go and see it again. THIS WEEK. 
I loved it. I don't give out a lot of full star reviews, but seriously this deserved it. Well, pretty much anything that follows the book earns a lot of points for me, but adding to that they have the perfect cast AND it got me teary-ish, that's an accomplishment. I didn't cry or get teary during the book, I knew Augustus was going to die anyway so I was prepared (Thank you IG) 
Sorry for all my bad punctuation, my computer's space bar, and several other keys are broken so.... yeh. 
But this MOVIE where you could see the emotion, it was just so moving. Literally in the movie theater me and my parabatai were sitting in front of two other fan girls, who actually brought a box of tissues and were balling their eyes during the movie. I did get watery eyes, especially watching them happy together after they were officially together, because I knew it was going to end. The part I remember my eyes getting the watery most clearly is when Isaac was saying Augustus's  eulogy and talking about how a world without him would be one he didn't want to see. That was so cute. Watching this movie was just so sad and happy at the same time. I loved it. I'm seeing this movie again in theaters, and buying it probably the day it comes out. 
I think Shai did a better job as Hazel than Tris, honestly. How she looks and how she is is more of the nice girl thing than the whole badass thing Tris has. AND I'm not saying I didn't like her as Tris, but she just fit this part a lot better. 
The chemistry between Ansel and Shailene was perfect for their parts. Sure, they played brother and sister in Divergent and it's a real life reference to The Mortal Instruments, but it's just acting guys, it's not like they're actually brother and sister. 
Whoever directed this movie, needs to go and redirect City of Bones (and maybe recast too), The Lightning Thief, Sea of Monsters, and I'm Number Four. 
Seriously you will NEVER see a fan of the book be like 'That was wayy to much like the book, it was so boring'
And if you do see someone saying that, let's just make this clear, they're insane. 
SO THIS MOVIE WAS AMAZING AND WILL GIVE YOU A BUCKETFUL OF FEELS GO SEE IT NOW
that's all you really need to know. 
So if you want to go and read my book review, click here
otherwise you can just go and do whatever you wand (check out my other blog posts maybe??) haha
~Bookfanic~

No comments:

Post a Comment