Monday, July 7, 2014

The Darkest Minds and Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken

This is such an amazing series. 
In total I would rate The Darkest Minds 9/10 stars and Never Fade 8/10. 
(The last book In the Afterlight comes out September 16) 
All together the Series reads, 'The darkest minds never fade in the afterlight'. Though there is a side story, In Time, which I haven't started yet. 
So here's the Synopsis 
When Ruby woke up on her tenth birthday, something about her had changed. Something alarming enough to make her parents lock her in the garage and call the police. Something that gets her sent to Thurmond, a brutal government "rehabilitation camp." She might have survived the mysterious disease that's killed most of America's children, but she and the others have emerged with something far worse: frightening abilities they cannot control.

Now sixteen, Ruby is one of the dangerous ones.

When the truth comes out, Ruby barely escapes Thurmond with her life. Now she's on the run, desperate to find the one safe haven left for kids like her-East River. She joins a group of kids who escaped their own camp. Liam, their brave leader, is falling hard for Ruby. But no matter how much she aches for him, Ruby can't risk getting close. Not after what happened to her parents.

When they arrive at East River, nothing is as it seems, least of all its mysterious leader. But there are other forces at work, people who will stop at nothing to use Ruby in their fight against the government. Ruby will be faced with a terrible choice, one that may mean giving up her only chance at a life worth living
________________________________________________
It's better than it sounds, I promise. 
So if you haven't read this series, drop whatever you're doing and go read it, then come back and you can read my quite spoiler-ry review. 

SPOILER ALERT.  FOR THE DARKEST MINDS BELOW


I was really confused and a little bored in the first few chapters of The Darkest Minds, I'll admit to that. But once she got broken out, I wasn't really sure what to think. I was kinda suspicious of Cate, and Martin definitely creeped me out. Though, I was really hoping they would be on Ruby's side (Though they kinda are, aren't they? Well, maybe not Martin) So anyway when Ruby got that memory from Rob I was like OMG THEY'RE SOME TYPE OF MASS PSI SERIAL KILLERS!! Like seriously. Then when Ruby found Zu, I thought it meant like there was a dead body crinkling and that Rob and Cate had put it there? I don't even know, I just remember thinking that. 
It was so funny when Liam and Chubs saw Ruby, how they like flipped out, and Chubs brought the whole kitten-in-a-mail-box thing up. 
I loved Zu's relationship with the three (Ruby, Liam and Chubs) it was very cute how they all had a special type of love for her. I was really worried when she left to go to Hina's home. 
Then there's Liam's relationship with Ruby. That was most defiantly cute, I really liked to watch it grow. And Ruby's relationship with Chubs, how he seemed to hate her in the beginning and then warmed up to her gradually. 
In the Walmart, it was so cute how Zu and Ruby were like, looking at everything. We all know what the boys there wanted was Ruby, we all could've guessed it. Liam was already falling for her, though. He would never let her go. 
Now let's move onto the topic of the Slip Kid. My first reaction to this was, who the hell would want to be known as the 'Slip Kid' like that's the most retarded name I've ever heard. (Probably not actually, I've read a lot of books) Second when I found out that Clancy Gray was the Slip Kid I was like WHAT KIND OF NAME IS CLANCY?! Ha now I know why he chose the name 'Slip Kid'. Haha. I do love myself a love triangle if you've ever read any of my earlier reviews. Though as soon as 'Clance' started being a jackass I was like ALERT ALERT ALERT< Then when he was like 'let me look in your brain' I was like NO NO NO SUSPICIOUS SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then he like raped Ruby. WTF. I loved the part afterwards though, where she and Liam kiss and he rages. Then when they meet at the border, would it be kinda wrong if I liked the part where Liam got all protective and jealous? Because I did. Though, Clancy having him beat up was overboard. I was pissed about that. 
When Ruby and Liam bumped outside the bathrooms and he was like 'I don't think we've met before' my heart literally skidded to a halt and dropped. 
I can't even tell if Clancy actually had feelings for Ruby or if he just wanted someone like him to love him. I mean after his mom.... tehe. 
Okay, when Chubs got shot I totally thought he was going to die. (How could a bread thrower to ducks die?!!!!!) I was freaking out. 
Then the whole story Liam pieced together about them meeting normally....... I felt like crying. Because I knew  I knew  she was going to wipe him. I knew it. Then she kissed him, and he forgot her........ I was literally choking. I just couldn't... That was one of the closest times I've come to crying over books, if not the closet. Yes,  I did read Allegiant, people. Also the closet I've been to crying in over like 6 months. If you've read my earlier reviews, you'd know, I am NOT a crier. SO THAT HURT THAT WOUNDED ME. 






SPOILERS BELOW ON NEVER FADE




Okay I was not Okay with this beginning. I was not sure if Chubs was alive or not and that was not OKAY with me. Also ZU was not in the book. At all. Then we didn't hear about LIAM until 45% into the book (excuse the percentage I haven't bought the hardcover YET) well we HEARD about him. But we didn't get to see him until then. Sure Liam's not my type. Well besides the fact he's hot, he's not very cocky or arrogant but he is kinda broken. 
How do you guys feel about Vida? How do you say her name? I say Vi- da      I like her. 
Then there's Jude it killed me that he died. But I kept thinking he would every bend in the road so when he finally died I flipped. 
What is up with all Liam's mood freaking swings here? Is it because he's missing Ruby? OMG he got his member back?! I was like YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! I was afraid it'd go all Champion on us there. But then when he left, I was SO SCARED he got shot and would die and go all Allegiant on us. 
That was extremely creepy and awesome the way she handled Rob. But then she thought she was a monster.... No it was a means of survival. 
I was SOOOOOOO happy when Chubs came back into the story. I missed him sooo much. 
Oh and one last topic before I go, I can't believe I forgot this subject. 
COLE. 
So when he said that southern darlin' thing. I thought it was LIAM who had been captured. But nope. I twas Cole. who BTW is extremely hot and cocky and really cares for his little brother and is also a red. It's funny he's a RED and his name is COLE. Get it? I love Cole. My heart always dropped when I thought he was died. Same with Cate. 
Remember when I said that was the last topic? I lied. 
So Clancy ugly name is back. I was like NOOOOO F**K YOU B***CH!!!!!!!!!!! Then the whole Nico betrayal. Did ANYONE see that coming? Sorry this blog post is so short.. I'm a little busy right now and still getting over finishing Never Fade a few hours ago. Maybe I'll do another post on it later. speaking of I need to do one on the Maze Runner talking about how much I hated it (Sorry Maze Runner fans) I LOVE COLE HE'S AWESOME. But Alex mentions as foreshadowing that Cole is like really hot, heat wise, tehe when I read that I was like RED RED RED RED RED RED 

No comments:

Post a Comment