Monday, July 7, 2014

Staff of Serapis by Rick Riordan

This book AMAZING 8/10 stars guys. If you haven't noticed I'm very picky about my ratings. So this is a story about Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson) and Sadie Kane (the Kane Chronicles) meeting. If you didn't know, there's another short story about a collage of these two short stories called The Son of Sobek, it's Percy and Carter meeting. Click here to look at it. Also they give slight hints that Rick is intending to make a collage series like Drew being in both. Carter sees a Pegasus. And Amos says there are other GODS in Manhattan. Little things like that. So anyway if you haven't read this book, go read it then come back and read how I personally felt about it. 

Spoilers below


So this was so good. I read the first six pages online a few months ago. I can't remember where. I have been super pumped for this book for a while now. I thought it was coming out April 20... That pissed me off when I went online and found out it was MAY 20. So anyway I loved how Serapis had like a flower pot head. I like how Sadie and Annabeth have like, opposite personalities that fit together so well. When reading the Kane Chronicles I always forgot how YOUNG Sadie is. And in those books the outfits are kinda... normal? So from Annabeth's perspective it stands out way more. And then the line 'She didn't like taking credits for other people's camels' like it happens a lot. That was just so funny. Then when Sadie is like drawing the chalk circle 'perhaps writing a nice epitaph to commemorate their  imminent death' And when like Sadie is trying to speak in Greek "Meana aedei thea! En ponte pathen algae!" Saying Sing of rage, O goddess. In the sea, suffer moss!" 
Too good. 
Then Sadie has an Instagram? That was funny Though do any of you DM your friends selfies? I don't. 
SO those were my main thoughts on this short book. 

Then from Blood of Olympus, 
I love this 
'Jason was always afraid he'd do something unromantic, and Piper's mom would frown down from Mount Olympus and change him into a feral hog' I know no one likes Jason, and he''s not anyone's favorite, but I just thought that line was funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment