Monday, July 7, 2014

Top 12 Books I Want To Read This Summer

Opposition by Jennifer Armentrout 
So I read Obsidian, Onyx, Opal, and Origin and absolutely loved the idea and the characters. (10/10 stars!!) So this book comes out on August 5th and I am going to count Septemember as the end of summer month so yeah. 
I don't like the new covers and am upset that the last book doesn't match the old ones. 

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came. She can’t believe Daemon stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind AHAHHH it's sounds amazing I can't wait
The Darkest Minds series I fell in love with this May. I am so impatient so when the lat book comes out on September 16, 2014. If you guys are like it's not in September, it's October, duh. 
IT COMES OUT IN SEPTEMBER ON THE KINDLE SO HA. 
I really really want it..... NOWWWW

Ruby can't look back. Fractured by an unbearable loss, she and the kids who survived the government's attack on Los Angeles travel north to regroup. With them is a prisoner: Clancy Gray, son of the president, and one of the few people Ruby has encountered with abilities like hers. Only Ruby has any power over him, and just one slip could lead to Clancy wreaking havoc on their minds. 

They are armed only with a volatile secret: proof of a government conspiracy to cover up the real cause of IANN, the disease that has killed most of America's children and left Ruby and others like her with powers the government will kill to keep contained. But internal strife may destroy their only chance to free the "rehabilitation camps" housing thousands of other Psi kids.

Meanwhile, reunited with Liam, the boy she would-and did-sacrifice everything for to keep alive, Ruby must face the painful repercussions of having tampered with his memories of her. She turns to Cole, his older brother, to provide the intense training she knows she will need to take down Gray and the government. But Cole has demons of his own, and one fatal mistake may be the spark that sets the world on fire

So if any of you follow my twitter (click here) you might know, I am totally in love with Cole Stewart. I mean how could you not love him? He's amazing. So excited to hear more about all these amazing characters :D 
So I hear this book series is amazing, what do you guys think of it? I might buy Shatter me today, I know I'm planning on reading it someday and since I just finished rereading Champion by Marie Lu I have a free slot to read a book from myTBR list so I'm thinking it might be Shatter Me. So I went to Barnes and Noble the other day and I had my TBR list. So I look for Shatter me, nope just has Unravel Me and Destroy Me..... What? You can't have like the last two books if you don't have the first one in the series if you're a book store. And the sad thing is that it looked like they just got a new shipment of books. Then I was just looking around and either they didn't have the first book and it was in paperback. If you didn't know this about me, I love the hardcovers and don't buy the paper back unless I like it (it as in the cover) better. 

I have a curse
I have a gift

I am a monster
I'm more than human

My touch is lethal
My touch is power

I am their weapon
I will fight back

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior

Sound good? 
I hear this book is really good too, what do you guys think of it? It sounds okay but I have no idea. I hear hulu is showing the delirium pilot for July only. They didn't even have any of this series at Barnes and Noble -_-

n an alternate United States, love has been declared a dangerous disease, and the government forces everyone who reaches eighteen to have a procedure called the Cure. Living with her aunt, uncle, and cousins in Portland, Maine, Lena Haloway is very much looking forward to being cured and living a safe, predictable life. She watched love destroy her mother and isn't about to make the same mistakes.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena meets enigmatic Alex, a boy from the Wilds who lives under the government's radar. What will happen if they do the unthinkable and fall in love?

What do you think, should I get it? Should I read it before Shatter Me?
I heard this book was really good and it sounds interesting too. Especially since the boy's name is Jase. I like the name Jace and they sound the same so........ 

"One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time."

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, messy, affectionate. And every day from her rooftop perch, Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs up next to her and changes everything.

As the two fall fiercely for each other, stumbling through the awkwardness and awesomeness of first love, Jase's family embraces Samantha - even as she keeps him a secret from her own. Then something unthinkable happens, and the bottom drops out of Samantha's world. She's suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?
so this book is by Jennifer Armentrout and since I've read her other two series out and liked them--- I'm reading this one and since Jen hasn't let me down yet I hope she won't now. 

One kiss could be the last. 

Seventeen-year-old Layla just wants to be normal. But with a kiss that kills anything with a soul, she's anything but normal. Half demon, half gargoyle, Layla has abilities no one else possesses. 

Raised among the Wardens—a race of gargoyles tasked with hunting demons and keeping humanity safe—Layla tries to fit in, but that means hiding her own dark side from those she loves the most. Especially Zayne, the swoon-worthy, incredibly gorgeous and completely off-limits Warden she's crushed on since forever. 

Then she meets Roth—a tattooed, sinfully hot demon who claims to know all her secrets. Layla knows she should stay away, but she's not sure she wants to—especially when that whole no-kissing thing isn't an issue, considering Roth has no soul. 

But when Layla discovers she's the reason for the violent demon uprising, trusting Roth could not only ruin her chances with Zayne…it could brand her a traitor to her family. Worse yet, it could become a one-way ticket to the end of the world.
The Iron Fey Series
I've heard good reviews, did you (if you've read these) like this series? I heard she wrote a vampire series too, I'll have to look that one up sometime. 

Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil, no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart
I've heard REALLY good reviews on this book especially from Katytastic

Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil’s supply of human teeth grows dangerously low.

And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war.

Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real, she’s prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands", she speaks many languages - not all of them human - and her bright blue hairactually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she’s about to find out.

When beautiful, haunted Akiva fixes fiery eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?
I may not read this one this summer but if I find the time I will. 

St. Vladimir’s Academy isn’t just any boarding school—it’s a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They’ve been on the run, but now they’re being dragged back to St. Vladimir’s—the very place where they’re most in danger. . . .

Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy’s ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi—the world’s fiercest and most dangerous vampires—make Lissa one of them forever.

I've been avoiding this book for a while now-- I don't need another book where I have no idea how to pronounce their names lol. But it seems I'm going to have to read it sooner or later...
I've been avoiding this book because, well sorry if any Callums are reading this, but I don't really like the name Callum. I'd be fine with it probably if I hadn't seen The Secret Circle, but I did so..

Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation).

Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum.

The perfect soldier is done taking orders
This book sounds cute to me. 

For Macallan and Levi, it was friends at first sight. Everyone says guys and girls can’t be just friends, but these two are. They hang out after school, share tons of inside jokes, their families are super close, and Levi even starts dating one of Macallan’s friends. They are platonic and happy that way.

Eventually they realize they’re best friends — which wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t keep getting in each other’s way. Guys won’t ask Macallan out because they think she’s with Levi, and Levi spends too much time joking around with Macallan, and maybe not enough time with his date. They can’t help but wonder . . . are they more than friends or are they better off without making it even more complicated?

From romantic comedy superstar Elizabeth Eulberg comes a fresh, fun examination of a question for the ages: Can guys and girls ever really be just friends? Or are they always one fight away from not speaking again — and one kiss away from true love?
Okay this book sounds really good to me, I can enjoy a good contemporary novel every now and then :) this book is definitely near the top of my TBR list.

Lucy’s learned some important lessons from tabloid darling Jayla Heart’s all-too-public blunders: Avoid the spotlight, don’t feed the Internet trolls, and keep your secrets secret. The policy has served Lucy well all through high school, so when her best friend Ellie gets sick before prom and begs her to step in as Cole’s date, she accepts with a smile, silencing about ten different reservations. Like the one where she’d rather stay home shredding online zombies. And the one where she hates playing dress-up. And especially the one where she’s been secretly in love with Cole since the dawn of time.

When Cole surprises her at the after party with a kiss under the stars, it’s everything Lucy has ever dreamed of… and the biggest BFF deal-breaker ever. Despite Cole’s lingering sweetness, Lucy knows they’ll have to ’fess up to Ellie. But before they get the chance, Lucy’s own Facebook profile mysteriously explodes with compromising pics of her and Cole, along with tons of other students’ party indiscretions. Tagged. Liked. And furiously viral.

By Monday morning, Lucy’s been branded a slut, a backstabber, and a narc, mired in a tabloid-worthy scandal just weeks before graduation.

Lucy’s been battling undead masses online long enough to know there’s only one way to survive a disaster of this magnitude: Stand up and fight. Game plan? Uncover and expose the Facebook hacker, win back her best friend’s trust, and graduate with a clean slate.

There’s just one snag—Cole. Turns out Lucy’s not the only one who’s been harboring unrequited love...
So that's really all my REALLY want to read list-- Though I'm not desperate to read Vampire Academy I figured I should put that up there. If it's like the better version of Half-Blood why not try it?
I definitely am going to try and read Shatter Me, Delirium, Scandal, and My Life Next Door this summer, plus reread some books too this summer so we'll see what I get around to. If you want to look at all the books I sorta might wanna read click here to see my TBR pile on Goodreads. Also feel welcome to recommend me any book or friend me on goodreads. I'm really happy that this site is getting in the hundred for views some days so THANK YOU GUYS I love you! I'm so glad that you think my blog is worth visiting and I hope you're as passionate about books as me.
If you like my reviews maybe you might like my other social networking accounts including
Pinterest 
Goodreads
Instagram
Facebook 
Twitter  (Where it shows that I've posted a new thing on my website)
Fanfiction (Not a social network)
Youtube 

I love you all for taking the time to look at my website and read my reviews.
~Bookfanic~

Eleanor and Park Review 
Ruby Red Series Review 
Covenant Series Review Part One     Part Two
Elemental Series Review 
City of Heavenly Fire Review 
Just One Day Review
Just One Year Review
The 5th Wave Review 
Staff of Serapis Review 
In Time Review
The Darkest Minds and Never Fade Review
Shadows Review 
Lux Series Review + POV stories

ABOUT ME 
CONTACT 
SURVEYS 
QUOTES

No comments:

Post a Comment