Monday, July 7, 2014

Ruby Red Movie

So first off-- THIS MOVIE IS IN GERMAN. Unfortunately I do not speak German, but fortunately I found it in English after a lot of web searching I found this website that allows you to stream it in English free no account needed click here to watch it. I was not sure what I thought of this movie. First off it's nothing like the book. Like very very very very very very very very (x1000000000) loosely based. But like I said, not as bad as City of Bones or Percy Jackson. To read my Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue, and Emerald Green review clickhere . First off I did not exactly like the actor choice. Second, seriously would it ever hurt the directer to actually write it according to the book? You'll never hear a book fan say 'God that was wayyy to much like the book, I hated it'. I did not like Gideon in the first book because he was an ass. I didn't like Gideon in the movie because he was downright annoying. The end scene of the book is like in the beginning of the movie and in the book when they are all like 'she must see the count!' in the movie they're like 'she shouldn't see him, no' and the prophecies, oh dear raziel, first off they changed the prophecy second they were more of a nursery rhyme that everyone knew!! Not some forbidden thing. Also you don't find out she's 

SPOILER

Immortal until the last book!

SPOILER OVER 

So yeah this movie kinda pissed me off more than I liked it.
I'd give it a 5/10 stars. This is an action/adventure/romance/sci-fi movie. I guess it didn't help that the voices spoke differently from the people since they were actually speaking german.....
Oh yeah, and I'm not being racist here, I have no problem with Lesley being black but in the book she's described as vein blonde with blue eyes and I'm a stickler for the book, so that upset me. And SINCE WHEN is there a dance at the end of Ruby Red? I think I missed that part, oh wait, it doesn't actually exist -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment