Monday, July 7, 2014

In Time by Alexandra Bracken

Okay so this is a side story between The Darkest Minds and Never Fade. It's about this Skip Tracer and Zu. So I would rate this book a 5.5/10 stars. I didn't enjoy it so much. I was expecting something, I don't know, like The Darkest Minds and Never Fade? It was from the perspective from someone we've never heard of. I literal had to drag myself through this book, until Zu came into it. It was a little easier to read. But when I had to go to sleep in the middle, I wasn't up pondering what was going to happen. It just didn't pull me in as much as the other 2 novels. 
Spoilers below
So what did you guys think of Gabe? I think that was the skip tracer's name anyway. I read it a bit ago and it wasn't TOTALLY interesting so I didn't really pay attention to it. He seemed like kind of a jerk to me. I felt really bad for Zu. Like seriously what I thought was going to happen was that somehow she'd start TALKING to him. But no. When she was saying that she had two brothers and a sister. I just felt overwhelmed with feels on that, since she was talking about Ruby, Chubs, and Liam. I was really hoping they'd pop in somewhere. I also really hope that Zu returns for in the After light. I love Zu. 
The whole thing with Jim and Della. I was SHOCKED about them being Liam and Cole's parents. But it was so cute how Della like sinks down when she reads the note. Actually, I wasn't totally shocked, when it was talking about Della's southern drawl, I was like LIAM. Because it seems to mention Liam and Cole's drawl a lot. 
Apparently Alexandra, if she's going to make another short story it's going to be about that freaking asshole, Clancy Gray.
In my opinion, I would really enjoy a side story about Cole, what about you? I know Alexandra said she didn't really like Cole because of her devotion to Liam, but..... I CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE WHO LIKES COLE! 
The ending kind of confused me, was that like Hina's relative shooting Gabe or was it another Skip Tracer? I don't even know, I was just glad to get this book over with. I'm sorry for all you who liked this short story, I just didn't feel too attached to it. Sorry I don't have much more to say. COHF in 3 days!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment