Monday, July 7, 2014

The Spectacular Now Book and Movie Review

Synopsis: SUTTER KEELY. HE’S the guy you want at your party. He’ll get everyone dancing. He’ ll get everyone in your parents’ pool. Okay, so he’s not exactly a shining academic star. He has no plans for college and will probably end up folding men’s shirts for a living. But there are plenty of ladies in town, and with the help of Dean Martin and Seagram’s V.O., life’s pretty fabuloso, actually.

Until the morning he wakes up on a random front lawn, and he meets Aimee. Aimee’s clueless. Aimee is a social disaster. Aimee needs help, and it’s up to the Sutterman to show Aimee a splendiferous time and then let her go forth and prosper. But Aimee’s not like other girls, and before long he’s in way over his head. For the first time in his life, he has the power to make a difference in someone else’s life—or ruin it forever.
Review: 
I loved this book. I read it in less than a day, that's not exactly surprising with me because I usually do that with most books, but this was a Romance novel. I don't read romance novels, my type of book is more of am action/adventure/romance/supernatural/fantasy book. OK back to the book. So this book- it broke my heart but was amazing at the same time. I thought that Sutter was an interesting character and I felt for him. Though he is a REAL IDIOT at the end, but we'll get to that later. Then there's Aimee. She's pushed around and cant even stand up for herself. Meeting Sutter changes that. She gets more courage and she's more confident in herself. I laughed in almost 'embarrassment' when Aimee cursed for the first time, that part was just cute and funny. I liked how this book was realistic, it wasn't like everyone was in a perfect heaven of happiness and they all stayed friends forever. No it showed that people grew apart, that's realism. I would rate this story 8/10 stars.because well the dialogue was a little the same when Sutter goes, and she was like, "blah blah blah,." So I'm like "blah blah blah." (they don't actually say blah blah) I took off one star for that, and I also took off a star for the ending. 
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT READ BELOW IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK SCROLL DOWN UNTIL YOU SEE THE BOLDED WORDS FOR THE SPOILER TO BE OVER!
WTF Cassidy, Marcus, and Ricky?! You want him to break up with Aimee?! Sure he's KINDA a bad influence on her, but she can make her own choices. Now you 3 have this big idea that he should break up with her for her own good so NOW he has that stupid idiotic idea in the back of his brain. How can you end the story like that Tim? I could really use a sequel right now! HES PLANNING ON BREAKING UP WITH AIMEE AND YOU END THE BOOK THERE! like WTF was that?! YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME!!! I NEED TO KNOW HE DOESNT BREAK UP WITH HER! THEY'RE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER! I'm done, I'm just done, I cannot handle this, it is painful, very painful. 
SPOILER OVER
Facts:
this is a Romance/Drama story
There was a film adaption of it released the summer of 2013 staring Shailene Woodley as Aimee and Miles Teller as Sutter (Yes people I still ship Fourtris) 
It has a depressive ending
OTHER THAN THAT! Read the book, it's really good, and I think that you should read it, even if its not your genre its not mine either, but I read it. And I liked it.



MOVIE
So if you want the synopsis scroll down a few blog posts to my book review. 
I would rate this move an 8/10 stars, because it was good, it followed the book pretty well. The Spectacular Now made in 2013 directed by James Ponsoldt
Starring:
Shailene Woodly as Aimee Finecky (Also known from The Descendants playing Alexandra King, The Secret Life of the American Teenager as Amy Jurgens Loved that show, Divergent playing Beatrice Prior, and The Fault in our Stars as Hazel Grace)
Miles Teller as Sutter Keely (Also Known from 21 and Over playing Miller, Footloose playing Willard, Rabbit Hole as Jason, Divergent as Peter, and That Awkward Moment as Daniel) I do ship FOURTRIS
Bree Larson as Cassidy (Also known from 21 Jump Street as Molly Tracey)
Masam Holden as Ricky (Also known from Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn as Micheal Sullivan) 
Dayo Okeniyi as Marcus West (May also know him from his role as Thresh in The Hunger Games)
I thought this movie was going a little bit quick, but it was 95 minutes, and it was really good. I thought Shailene and Miles were perfect for their main roles of Sutter and Aimee. Over all I liked this movie, especially the ending, yes I liked that A LOT better than the book's ending, you'll understand why if you read the book and seen the movie. 
BTW it's Rated R
This is my favorite part and it's adorable and the background music is called Walk in Trees and I love listening to it, it always manages to make me happy

No comments:

Post a Comment